N-Gauge Decals

Started by Doc Pye, January 31, 2020, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Pye

Hi all,

Does anyone have info on the status of the NGS's decals??? Last I recall, the poor guy tasked with sorting out the ModelMaster decals suffered a heart attack...which hopefully he has recovered from.

Speaking of decals, is Robbie's rolling stock still trading, as I have sent a few emails but had no response? Also, are Robbie's decals printed using white?

Does anyone else - besides Fox - do rolling stock decals, notably for the GWR (pre-War)???

Hope to hear some good news, especially on the ModelMaster stock via the NGS.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

ScottishModeller

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your thoughts - - much appreciated.

As a result of the heart attack my progress slowed a bit, but I am nearly back on track!

All the nameplates are done and an up to date listing has been supplied to the NGS Committee - it is up to them to decide when to make them available.

All the decals are counted and written down, just need to transfer the information to a spreadsheet and send to the NGS Committee.

Ideally this would have been done by the start of the year, but didn't as I went down with the flu just before Xmas.

So - progress is ongoing.

As I've said before - it's a case of watching the website for any announcement.

Thanks
Phil H
Thanks
Phil Holman

Doc Pye

Glad to hear you are doing better Phil! I hope it wasn't the state of the decals that caused your heart attack!

So any idea when the boyzs at NGS will announce the fruits of your labor???

Doc Pye

QuoteIdeally this would have been done by the start of the year, but didn't as I went down with the flu just before Xmas.

Yes, this flu going around - not to be confused with the one in China - is really nasty...I am just getting over it. It really wears you out.

ScottishModeller

Quote from: Doc Pye on January 31, 2020, 07:38:23 PM
Glad to hear you are doing better Phil! I hope it wasn't the state of the decals that caused your heart attack!

So any idea when the boyzs at NGS will announce the fruits of your labor???
Hi Rob,

No - decals nothing to do with cause.

Caused by over exertion in pulling down a shed, moving 2 concreted in washing post all in one morning!

Thanks
Phil H
Thanks
Phil Holman

ScottishModeller

Quote from: Doc Pye on January 31, 2020, 07:39:34 PM
QuoteIdeally this would have been done by the start of the year, but didn't as I went down with the flu just before Xmas.

Yes, this flu going around - not to be confused with the one in China - is really nasty...I am just getting over it. It really wears you out.
Hi Rob,

Nothing to do with the current flue - good old British Flu.

I got annoyed with doctors as they told me I wansn't entitled to flu jag - despite having had heart attack.

9 dyas later I went down with flu.....

Then I was offered the flu jag!

Thanks
Phil H
Thanks
Phil Holman

honk843

Quote from: Doc Pye on January 31, 2020, 06:38:36 PM

Speaking of decals, is Robbie's rolling stock still trading, as I have sent a few emails but had no response? Also, are Robbie's decals printed using white?

Rob
I have not used them for sometime but the wagon transfers were on a clear background so you need to paint under white lettering to get the colour (if you get my drift). The Coaches are on thin card and not transfers at all.
I always used to send a cheque for what I wanted rather than e-mailing it seemed to get a very speedy response.

ScottishModeller

Quote from: honk843 on January 31, 2020, 08:02:57 PM
Quote from: Doc Pye on January 31, 2020, 06:38:36 PM

Rob
I have not used them for sometime but the wagon transfers were on a clear background so you need to paint under white lettering to get the colour (if you get my drift). The Coaches are on thin card and not transfers at all.
I always used to send a cheque for what I wanted rather than e-mailing it seemed to get a very speedy response.
Hi there,

You are correct - they are on a clear background and need the colour painted onto the wagon, not sure about the coach ones - not used them,.

A list I have.....

Osborn's Models – Decals

GWR
Arch laser NTR001(W) GW '25inch' Wagon Transfers (white)
Arch laser NTR001(Y) GW '25inch' Wagon Transfers (Yellow)
Arch laser NTR002(W) GW Wagon Transfers (White)
Arch laser NTR002(Y) GW Wagon Transfers (Yellow)
Arch laser NTR008 GWR Coach/Loco Roundrels x 6 pair in Gold Matte

LMS
Arch laser NTR007 LMS Wagon Transfers
Arch laser NTR008 LNER (NE) Wagon Transfers

SR
Arch laser NTR006 SR Wagon Transfers

Thanks
Phil H
Thanks
Phil Holman

emjaybee

Glad to see you're back to "fighting weight" as it were.

:thumbsup:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

njee20

I've been printing my own lately, and quite pleased with the results, something to consider. I rate "Mr Decal Paper" waterslide paper. White lettering is the hardest though it must be said, unless it's on a coloured background you can also print.

twinklekev

I've just recently asked the same question re Robbies Rolling Stock. So far the concensus seemsto be that he is still trading.
As an aside, does anyone know if its possible to print white onto waterslide decal paper using an ink jet printer? I'm only asking as it's getting almost impossible to source decals for 20s / 30s coal wagons now (other than the aforsaid retailer).

Cheers,

Kev,

Doc Pye

You can print white if you use white decal film or have, or have access to, an Alps Printer.

As for availability, yes, it would seem that there is a niche for those wanting to make PO Wagon decals....but perhaps there just isn't demand.

Railwaygun

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

njee20

Jo has a thread on RMWeb here which is probably a better place to see what's going on, but he's a modern image modeller, so I'd not expect much to help the OP on pre war.

He's also still getting them printed by someone else, so I'm not sure there'll be small bespoke orders any time soon.

Doc Pye

It has been some years, with a nasty pandemic in between, but just thought I would resurrect this post.

So to reiterate, does anyone have info on the status of the NGS's decals??? Are they available again or not? If available, how can one get a hold of them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations