super detailing locos

Started by CAMBRIAN DRIVER DAVE, June 04, 2011, 10:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAMBRIAN DRIVER DAVE

hi all im new to n gauge coming over from 00 i have a few locos and i want to super detail the fronts of some of my locos but i have no idea where i can get kits from any 1 got any ideas .
thanks dave.
Big Dave

Lawrence

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum glad you have moved over from the darkside.  If you can list the locos you are working on I'm sure the guys will point you in the right direction

Chris

Taylor Precision Models would be a good place to look for detailing parts such as screw couplings & buffers. Hoses & cables can be made up from fuse wire if you don't have any available, although most Farish locos now come with detailing kits.

CAMBRIAN DRIVER DAVE

thanks Chris i will have alook and thanks Lawrence i have so far a class 57 repainting to arriva livery a class 37 33 and a 158 allso in the new arriva livery what i have made overlays for but i would like to do the front of the 57 37 and 158 first .
thanks
Big Dave

Chris

If you're detailing an Arriva 57 and want to add Dellner couplings I've done a quick tutorial here:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=434.0

CAMBRIAN DRIVER DAVE

thanks chris that looks good i was just gonna make Dellner coupling transfers but i think i might do your idea now .
Big Dave

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations