The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

Quote from: stevewalker on December 15, 2019, 11:27:12 PM
The idiot involved is lucky that we didn't just call the police.

It's not too late and I'd recommend you do bring the Police in - an intervention now might stop that idiot before it's too late to stop 'em.

stevewalker

Quote from: RailGooner on December 15, 2019, 11:49:03 PM
Quote from: stevewalker on December 15, 2019, 11:27:12 PM
The idiot involved is lucky that we didn't just call the police.

It's not too late and I'd recommend you do bring the Police in - an intervention now might stop that idiot before it's too late to stop 'em.

I've wanted to all along, but my son doesn't want that. He accepts getting the school involved. It is possible that the school may want to involve the police or that my son might change his mind once things progress with the school.

Bealman

As a retired schoolteacher, I'll be interested in what school has to say, too.

As for your mother's saga, Mick, well geez, bloody nightmare.

If it's any consolation, I'm still in me boot for Christmas  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

Steve. Lets hope that the appropriate action is taken. I would have spoken to the police. And trust you all gain the answers that you seek. Chris

guest311

really annoyed today, as much at myself as the supplier ...

another member and I have been discussing a 1/76 project of a military convoy, of a certain  :zippedmouth: type, based on some youtube footage.

ordered some transfers from my usual 1/76 supplier, and things were going reasonably well, until today  >:(

I'd repainted an Oxford Diecast vehicle and started applying the transfers for my 'theoretical' scheme, and went well till I went to add the number plates....

I needed normal style plates for the front, but square for the rear, so decided to use some from this set

http://www.kingfisherminiatures.co.uk/bedford-tm-6-6-2-i254.htm

not correct for the vehicle, but I can live with that, but

none of the front plates match the rear plates  :censored:

so I've bought some of these, and they are no use whatsoever  :veryangry:

the trouble is

a. it's my fault, I should have checked the set before I ordered and noticed the problem

b. whenever you e-mail this guy you have about a 10% chance of getting a reply

luckily I found another set that gave me the sort of plates I wanted...

emailed the supplier about the problem

but not really sure I'll get any reply.

and things were going so well  :'(

guest311

update...
just had an e-mail from the supplier, in which he apologised for the mistake by his supplier.

he says he will address this tonight or tomorrow, and as soon as he receives replacement sets, which are correct, will send out replacements.

all respect to him, he has replied, accepted responsibility, and offered to make good the fault of his printer.

you cannot ask for more than that, all cottage / one man industries can have mistakes, the important thing is how they deal with them.

guest311

yesterday saw both the arrival of the new / corrected transfers, together with an apology for the c**k up...

should really put this in the happy thread but having posted my unhappiness thought it only right to post my  :thumbsup: for his quick response, and rectification.

as with so many one-man-bands he relys on other such to supply him, and sometimes gets let down.

so, please check out

http://www.kingfisherminiatures.co.uk/1-76-Vehicles-c1.htm

if you also model in 1/76 ......

he has a huge amount of items, usually in stock, from transfers to resin vehicles / conversions.

guest311

why, oh why, oh why did I ever think changing to Virgin Media would be a good idea  :'(

last year they came round, dug up the verges and footpaths, and then sent con artists salesmen round to sign people up for their  :poop: service.

like a numpty, I signed up, cheaper than my existing provider, and gave me TV free  :thumbsup:

how stupid was I  >:D

since day one, broadband drops out, and in spite of checking the 'connect automatically' box, it doesn't  >:(

you then phone up, 'speak' to a computer which tells you it will check your equipment ... we need to send a signal to restart it ... and it doesn't.

you phone back again, and get some cretin in Mumbai who reads a script and takes no notice of anything you say.

so, you lose the will to live, and just keep pressing 'connect' each time it cuts out.

at least, so far, SWMBO can now watch the TV instead of it regularly turning into lines of pixelated rubbish...

then that started to go for a burton ... 'you are not connected to the internet' .. although the TV program was still audible, and showing at the top right hand corner of the screen   :veryangry:
so now I've got to deal with Mumbai AND SWMBO  :help:

back to the phone, testing your system, need to restart etc  :smackedface:

no help but managed to sort, for now, by rebooting ie off - on

then broadband disappeared completely, 'we need to send out an engineer, it will be five days...there is a fault with your fibre... but the TV works, so at least SHE is happy.

so, no e-mails, can't do online banking , NO FORUM :'(

day the engineer is due turn everything on .... and it's all working  :'(

cancel engineer, I'm not sitting waiting for some idiot for 4 hours ...

then it starts playing up again, I demand A NEW HUB, takes best part of a week, install it and still the same, keeps dropping out.

final straw, today TV packs up again, can't connect to internet, though programs still play in top right corner..

back on the phone, forget the tech help options, leaving you option selected ....

and a uk voice, not Mumbai.

can't leave without paying as not had three engineers visits in 30 days ....

bring it on you  :censored:

so engineer due thursday...
not much hope but one down ...

then I'll do it again,
and again

then I'll get free of beardie, and go back to yorkshire, ok basically BT, but no Mumbai connection.

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

daffy

Sorry to hear the situation is more than virgin on the ridiculous. :(

Time to play trains I think. :thumbsup:

Preferably with a glass or three of your favourite tipple.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Skyline2uk

Sad to say none of the above surprises me.

Mrs Skyline spent a while working for a small firm who was sub-contracted to Virgin to install fibre....that was eye-opening. Let's just say ****up in brewery could not be arranged.

Also, as previously mentioned on here, the Bearded Ones boys were once responsible for making my mother's front lawn live.

Might I suggest you log a complaint with the relevant Ombudsman? They can be a powerful aid against these cretins.

Skyline2uk   

guest311

now why didn't I think of that ....

of course, SWMBO is bending my ears  :-[

off to the shed, at least the one that didn't get the felt ripped off in the recent storms, and soaked inside.

lock door, turn off mobile phone, check glass is clean, open bottle of Scottish water,  ahhhhh, chill :beers:

Malc

@class37025 . Have a look at the logs in the Superhub. It might give you some clue as to the location of the fault. I used to be with BT and whenever I spoke to support, it was always someone with an Indian accent, so don't think you can escape.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

guest311

Quote from: Malc on February 27, 2020, 08:43:23 PM
@class37025 . Have a look at the logs in the Superhub. It might give you some clue as to the location of the fault. I used to be with BT and whenever I spoke to support, it was always someone with an Indian accent, so don't think you can escape.

engineer turned up this morning and sorted the problem, in the end ...

apparently the loss of connection was due to too fast a signal, and he changed something in the hub [looked like some sort of card thingy] to filter too high speeds.... :dunce:

the tv problem was due to me  :-[

when the new hub arrived, I did not reprogram the tv with the new password for the new hub, well in my defence no one told me to  :confused1:

so it couldn't connect to the hub.

I thought it got it's feed through the cable, but then I'm a  :dunce: when it come to t'internet etc.

anyway, so far, touch wood, all seems to be working [that's probably tempting fate] so no need to converse, at least today, with Mumbai  :bounce:

and, unlike they told me, nothing wrong with the cable  ???

Dr Al

Cable is pretty reliable in my experience, and a lot, lot faster. I suspect after getting over your initial setup issues, you'll find things settle down. In a decade I think we've had maybe 2 or 3 dropouts for 5 mins on internet, and once where there was a fault that left it off for maybe an hour and a half. All of these were within a month or two of the same year, indicating it all emanated from the same fault. Overall I consider that not too bad in a decade (and this is on cable infrastructure put in in the mid 1990s IIRC).

Hopefully you acquire trouble free cabling from now on!

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Bealman

On my way to get my monthly venesection yesterday, I was turning left at a major intersection in town, and had to wait on the corner while pedestrians crossed. Someone in one of those big recreational tanks couldn't wait for a few seconds, and came past cms away and took out my side mirror.

I honked like crazy, but they kept going. That intersection is covered in cameras, so I went to the police station this morning to see if they had the footage of the incident, and could get the number plate.

"Sorry, sir, it seems the cameras weren't working at that time yesterday."

Yeah, right. More like it was such a minor incident to them they couldn't be bothered.

Well it ain't minor to me. The mirror is electrically moved, so a new Toyota part will be likely around A$500, and will then have to be fitted.

:veryangry:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations