5th July Austria
12th July Austria
19th July Hungary
2nd August Britain
9th August Britain
16th August Spain
30th August Belgium
6th September Italy

More news as it comes off the teleprinter...............

daytona

got the dvr set plus moto GP 1st race July 19th   

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 30, 2020, 11:44:20 AM
The following races are scheduled to take place behind closed doors:-

5th July Austria
12th July Austria
19th July Hungary
2nd August Britain
9th August Britain
16th August Spain
30th August Belgium
6th September Italy

must have a big hangar, though they won't need to worry about the weather  :smiley-laughing:

dannyboy

Quote from: daytona on July 01, 2020, 06:59:33 PM
got the dvr set plus moto GP 1st race July 19th   

And mine is set for series record - don't want to miss one - and all on my new 55" TV! (Well, as Louisa says, it don't look like we will get a holiday anytime soon).  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

njee20

daytona

Also me and a buddy plan on riding up to the Springfield mile flat track in Sept , we had Moto GP booked until it was cancelled in Austin Tx, may run it in Nov, TBA

chrism

Well, that was an unusual finish - almost three wheels on his wagon but he still got the win  :claphappy:

njee20

Crikey! The only good thing I can say is that the failures were much less destructive than the last time everyone's Pirelli tyres went bang on the last lap at Silverstone.

Softer compounds next weekend too.  :scowl:

Graham

after a procession where it was looking like a fait acompli , what an exciting finish. Could so easily have been a Red Bull win.

njee20

Yeah I'll bet RB are kicking themselves for chasing fastest lap.

chrism

Well that was certainly a race worth staying up late for the highlights. Completely gutted for George Russell though, a brilliant drive let down, twice, by circumstances completely out of his control. A puncture is fair enough but the keystone cops episode in the pits was crazy.

I'm sure there will be some (not necessarily on here) who will say that it was simply that he was in the best car. However, they need to bear in mind that it is a car that he'd never driven until first practice, not even in a simulator, a car that is too small for him and a car in which his teammate, who is very used to driving it, ought to have blown him, or any driver with the same disadvantages, away.

Whilst I don't wish Lewis any ill in the slightest, I half hope that he doesn't recover sufficiently in the next few days so that George can get another go.

Looking further ahead, I would not be at all surprised to see a change in the Mercedes driver lineup in the next year or so.

Bealman

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 30, 2020, 11:44:20 AM
The following races are scheduled to take place behind closed doors:-

5th July Austria
12th July Austria
19th July Hungary
2nd August Britain
9th August Britain
16th August Spain
30th August Belgium
6th September Italy

Behind closed doors? Is it Scalextrix this year?  :)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

@chrism
I agree with just about everything you say Chris, but having just watched the highlights, I have to wonder just what Hamilton would have been able to do without the Mercedes. I am taking nothing away from any of the drivers - to get to be good enough to race in a F1 car, you have to be 'good', an ability that I would say none of us on this forum have. There were some excellent driving performances in the race, but what happened in the Mercedes pit was a bit, shall we say, 'not normal'. Like you, I hope, in one way, that Hamilton is not fit to drive next week and Russell gets another drive in the Mercedes - he has certainly earned it.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

I, too, have just watched the highlights recorded from yesterday evening, and I got somewhat emotional. Not just for George Russell who was let down badly by Mercedes when he should have won, but also for Sergio Perez winning his first race in 190 starts and the first for a Mexican in 50 years despite having been punted off by LeClerc's mad rush of blood.. This from a man who presently has no ride next year. Not only does he bring a wad of money to any team, he also has far more points than Alex Albon and, to my mind, if there's any justice he'll be partnering Verstappen in a Red Bull next year.
Not sure I like the kart track they were racing on but it sure made for a frantic race.
Toto Wolff stated after the race if Lewis is fit and tests negative he'll be racing in Abu Dhabi next weekend, but I agree that unless Bottas raises his game he'll be gone by the end of next year at the latest. Charles LeClerc needs to realise the race is not necessarily won in the first 2 laps and calm down. To come first, first you have to finish.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations