LATEST FORMULA 1 NEWS..............

Started by Newportnobby, June 30, 2020, 11:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

It's unacceptable for any teams drivers to take each other out of the race. Remember they're only interested in the Constructor's championship in the first instance. That's where the money lies - points make prizes. There's no money for them in the Driver's championship I believe.
Max and Sergio can be quite uncompromising!

zwilnik

While I think Albon's been a bit shortchanged at Red Bull I think they've made the right call in hiring Perez. I actually think he could end up with more points at the end of the next season than Max purely down to his experience and consistency.
Max is *really* good, but having the team pretty much treat him as the only driver the last few years I think has harmed his overall skill set a bit. To the point where he's constantly overdriving a poorly balanced car rather than develop it fully.
Perez is more likely to take the car and find out how to get it to the end of a race with as many points as possible, whereas Max is more likely to not finish but win a couple of races.

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 18, 2020, 09:33:19 PM
It's unacceptable for any teams drivers to take each other out of the race. Remember they're only interested in the Constructor's championship in the first instance. That's where the money lies - points make prizes. There's no money for them in the Driver's championship I believe.

Correct, all the drivers get from CVC is the trophies. Their money comes from their salaries and any contractual bonuses from their teams, plus any personal (as opposed to team) sponsorship monies.

Newportnobby

@chrism Sorry Chris - I was referring to the teams rather than the drivers in that post.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: chrism on December 19, 2020, 06:31:31 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on December 18, 2020, 09:33:19 PM

Correct, all the drivers get from CVC is the trophies. Their money comes from their salaries and any contractual bonuses from their teams, plus any personal (as opposed to team) sponsorship monies.

Except if you were Michael Schumacher he would have exempt from such nonsense!  :)

chrism

Steve Jones has a habit of addressing people with whom he is impressed as "Sir".
I hope next year that he doesn't forget when talking to Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE HonFREng.

Mr Sprue

chrism

Sadly the legendary Murray Walker finally saw his own chequered flag today  :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/56388596

So long, Murray. There hasn't been and never will be another commentator like you.

bridgiesimon

Yeah, the voice of F1 has finally switched off his mic for the last time, thanks for the memories Murray!!!

One sad Simon

Skyline2uk

Created a thread on the topic of Murray's passing

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=53454.0

A sad day indeed

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP