LATEST FORMULA 1 NEWS..............

Started by Newportnobby, June 30, 2020, 11:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Sprue

I'm really disappointed with Hamilton entering for the race this weekend, he's already stated he is not 100% fit which I feel is pretty irresponsible and of course selfish.

Most people know it takes time to recover from Covid, so by entering the race he could not only be putting himself at risk but a possible danger to other drivers. With his experience I would like to think he has taken this into consideration.

Or is it the amazing performance our George displayed last week driving Hamilton's car, which has prompted his rapid recovery to deny George another chance to impress Toto? Especially as he is currently demanding a £40 million a year contract!   

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Mr Sprue on December 13, 2020, 10:37:52 AM
I'm really disappointed with Hamilton entering for the race this weekend, he's already stated he is not 100% fit which I feel is pretty irresponsible and of course selfish.

Most people know it takes time to recover from Covid, so by entering the race he could not only be putting himself at risk but a possible danger to other drivers. With his experience I would like to think he has taken this into consideration.

Or is it the amazing performance our George displayed last week driving Hamilton's car, which has prompted his rapid recovery to deny George another chance to impress Toto? Especially as he is currently demanding a £40 million a year contract!

This might be his last race.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Snowwolflair on December 13, 2020, 10:40:53 AM
Quote from: Mr Sprue on December 13, 2020, 10:37:52 AM

This might be his last race.

I hope not he is after all a talented driver.

njee20

Can't see why it would be. Ok he's not signed a new contract, but unless there's been a whole load of bluffing going on that's just a formality, and I can't for a moment imagine why that wouldn't be. Valtteri should be worried about George, not Lewis.

Kvyat, Perez, Albon and Magnussen potentially all having their last races though! Albon underwhelming in quali again. Max puts it on pole and Albon gets beaten by a McLaren.

chrism

Quote from: njee20 on December 13, 2020, 11:02:01 AM
Can't see why it would be. Ok he's not signed a new contract, but unless there's been a whole load of bluffing going on that's just a formality, and I can't for a moment imagine why that wouldn't be.

I think it's just a case of dotting a few i's, crossing a few t's and signing in the dotted line.

Lewis and Toto have done this before - having almost everything agreed verbally during the season and finally committing it to paper once the season's finished, although Toto has said that some of the discussions have been delayed (especially face to face) because of the need to avoid risk to either party under the Covid situation throughout the season.

njee20

That's exactly what I mean. There's never been the slightest sniff that it wouldn't happen, and I can't see, from either side, why they'd not want to continue. I suspect it may only be a year's contract, but Lewis still certainly seems to have "the hunger", so perhaps another few years is possible; the bigger variable likely to be the 2022 rule changes and how that impact Merc's dominance.

Newportnobby

Kvyat, Perez, Albon and Magnussen potentially all having their last races though! Albon underwhelming in quali again. Max puts it on pole and Albon gets beaten by a McLaren.

All the more reason if I was Christian Horner I'd be running round after Perez with pen and contract in hand!

Bob Tidbury

I agree with Mr Sprue ,it wouldnt have efected Hamiltons position if he had let George have another  drive in the Mercedes car but it would have shown what a good car it is if someone who didnt even fit in the car properly could drive it like George did last week .
And Albon really did do well in the race today .
I felt sorry for Perez another D N F ,to end the season .
We will have to see who ends up where and with what team next year as nothing is absolutely definate yet .
Not really a exciting as I had hoped .
Good result for the McLaren team though .
Bob Tidbury 

njee20

Yep, a bit of a dull race, which Abu Dhabi virtually always is. Shame not to have a circuit to finish on which could genuinely throw up some surprises!

As for Hamilton not relinquishing his spot for Russell - I can't imagine there are many racers out there who would say "I'm technically fit, but d'you know what - give someone else a go!", as good as it would have been to see George in a good car again.

chrism

Red Bull driver changes announced today - Albon demoted to reserve driver whilst Perez takes the 2nd seat.
Max and Checo in equal equipment, mmm could be interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55367539

Mr Sprue

Quote from: chrism on December 18, 2020, 06:03:15 PM
Red Bull driver changes announced today - Albon demoted to reserve driver whilst Perez takes the 2nd seat.
Max and Checo in equal equipment, mmm could be interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55367539

Looking forward to the corner battles between these two! :)

njee20

Kvyat out too. Loads of movement, and the longest season ever. Should be great!

Mr Sprue

Quote from: njee20 on December 18, 2020, 06:36:48 PM
Kvyat out too. Loads of movement, and the longest season ever. Should be great!

Carlos Sainz & Charles Leclerc..... Can't wait. Yep bring it on!  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 13, 2020, 03:00:02 PM

All the more reason if I was Christian Horner I'd be running round after Perez with pen and contract in hand!

I never realised Christian Horner read the forum. Wonder what name he goes under :hmmm:
Great news for Checo but I can see him and Max clashing maybe.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 18, 2020, 09:16:01 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on December 13, 2020, 03:00:02 PM

I never realised Christian Horner read the forum. Wonder what name he goes under :hmmm:
Great news for Checo but I can see him and Max clashing maybe.

But of course it would be totally unacceptable for these two NOT to clash wheels......Cant wait! :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations