PayPal Fraud Warning

Started by dannyboy, October 16, 2021, 03:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Just by checking the senders mail address by hovering the pointer on it you can see if it's garbage or not and 100% of mine are.
As for using a card reader on my bank account I have to log in before even getting to use it so have all the faff to get through anyway.

Malc

Just as a matter of interest, which mobile network are you on? Would a different network save you getting arm strain?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Malc on October 17, 2021, 10:05:24 AM
Just as a matter of interest, which mobile network are you on? Would a different network save you getting arm strain?

Personally if arm strain makes things as difficult as possible for these low life's to hack my accounts then I'm all for it!

Newportnobby

It's just not a good area for mobiles, Malc. Many networks just don't work here. Some years ago Orange & Vodaphone wanted to put a mast up but the local council vetoed it.
It's one of the reasons I won't spend money on a smart phone - no point :no:

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 17, 2021, 11:43:16 AM

It's just not a good area for mobiles, Malc. Many networks just don't work here. Some years ago Orange & Vodaphone wanted to put a mast up but the local council vetoed it.

I have zero mobile signal where I live. Fortunately my Samsung A40 with a BT Sim makes and receives calls via the wi-fi router. I have found it convenient. We are currently not on the Paypal scammers list, but one of my wife's disposable emails attracts all sorts of junk mail. Finding that unsubscribing just encourages them, she hit on unsubscribing by entering the spam sender's address. This seems to calm them down for a while but I do not know why.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Malc

Quote from: woodbury22uk on October 17, 2021, 12:19:38 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on October 17, 2021, 11:43:16 AM

I have zero mobile signal where I live. Fortunately my Samsung A40 with a BT Sim makes and receives calls via the wi-fi router. I have found it convenient. We are currently not on the Paypal scammers list, but one of my wife's disposable emails attracts all sorts of junk mail. Finding that unsubscribing just encourages them, she hit on unsubscribing by entering the spam sender's address. This seems to calm them down for a while but I do not know why.
Unfortunately a lot of the spammers also spam the email address. I had one proporting to come from the University of Edinburgh. I know I'm knocking on a bit but I don't need what they were offering at a discount.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations