Gaugemaster Collection: Class 73's

Started by guest6298, August 31, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

No! Never merge threads. How many times. It's literally the worst thing you can do in a forum.

Close the other one, it was an April fools joke.

GrahamB

Just for the sheer hell of it, I visited Gaugemaster's website and they're still advertising the 73's at £99.95! https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/magento/model-railways/gm-collection-brand5.html?operator=1727&type=898

Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Bob G

I should think so too. They are from an original design 15 years old. They've had more than their fair share of profits from the moulds.
Bob

bluedepot

will these ever appear??!

i should think rapido, revolution or sonic will make a new version before long...

tim

Mr Sprue

I have to say with the time that has passed, it almost feels like we've been waiting for them since 73!  ::)

Bob G

Quote from: Mr Sprue on April 08, 2021, 08:42:39 PM
I have to say with the time that has passed, it almost feels like we've been waiting for them since 73!  ::)
Prawn cocktail followed by chicken in a basket please 😀

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Bob G on April 08, 2021, 09:29:17 PM
Quote from: Mr Sprue on April 08, 2021, 08:42:39 PM
Prawn cocktail followed by chicken in a basket please 😀

Accompanied with a Light and Bitter....Watneys of course! :D

Stuart7358

Hello all

Contacted Gaugemaster this morning regarding release date and also the orange sides to the Network Rail version, this is the reply that ties in with ;

'We believe the release date will be mid Summer...we have the model samples now albeit these are the bodywork only. Re the Network Rail colour...on the sample it looks spot on to my eye..so I can only assume the colour is one of those photography anomalies you get from time to time'

I know in some photos of the real ones running the sides can look orange under certain light conditions however don't think this is the case on the samples photos.

May  be worth some others sending their thoughts on the network rail colours direct to them perhaps? I certainly won't be getting one until I can see it properly.

Bob G

Quote from: Stuart7358 on May 01, 2021, 01:03:49 PM
Hello all

Contacted Gaugemaster this morning regarding release date and also the orange sides to the Network Rail version, this is the reply that ties in with ;

'We believe the release date will be mid Summer...we have the model samples now albeit these are the bodywork only. Re the Network Rail colour...on the sample it looks spot on to my eye..so I can only assume the colour is one of those photography anomalies you get from time to time'

I know in some photos of the real ones running the sides can look orange under certain light conditions however don't think this is the case on the samples photos.

May  be worth some others sending their thoughts on the network rail colours direct to them perhaps? I certainly won't be getting one until I can see it properly.

I sent back Broadlands in Inter City Executive livery from the previous Gaugemaster run as (1) the colours looked like someone had turned up the contrast and brilliance; and (2) Broadlands never had a high intensity headlight in that livery.
I've thought many times that Gaugemaster's colours were a little off, and in case anyone there has a touch of colourblindness, I'd check them out with colleagues and others first. Its easy to send something back but you would think comparison with e.g. an Olivia's Trains OO special edition would be a simple thing to do, wouldn't you?

Bob

Mr Sprue

Just kicking the can further down the road........ So has anyone heard of any uplifting news to get us all excited again?

RailGooner

Where's that tumbleweed emoji when you need it?!  :confused1:

GrahamB

I'd like to say they're on their way.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

njee20

They had the painted shells in the shop at the weekend, the Network Rail one definitely doesn't look right.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mr Sprue on July 13, 2021, 08:03:54 PM
Just kicking the can further down the road........ So has anyone heard of any uplifting news to get us all excited again?

I asked the question of Joel 23 hours ago on Dapol Digest - no reply yet :no:

Mr Sprue

Quote from: njee20 on July 13, 2021, 09:37:54 PM
They had the painted shells in the shop at the weekend, the Network Rail one definitely doesn't look right.

What doesn't look right about them Nick?  :worried:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations