The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donkey

Dave, your cricket and rugby teams are absolute legends as far as we are concerned over here. They are IMHO quite simply the benchmark others aspire to.

Marty

Newportnobby

I'm still hopping mad at Shane Warne for nicking my bird >:( :smiley-laughing:

Donkey

Quote from: newportnobby on June 25, 2012, 09:41:24 PM
I'm still hopping mad at Shane Warne for nicking my bird >:( :smiley-laughing:

Fair play sir  :smiley-laughing:

Pengi

Quote from: Donkey on June 25, 2012, 09:28:57 PM
Dave, your cricket and rugby teams are absolute legends as far as we are concerned over here. They are IMHO quite simply the benchmark others aspire to.

Marty

And you also have Black Caviar (who still won despite a back injury and the errors of her pilot)
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

OwL

Quote from: Joe 90 on June 25, 2012, 07:59:10 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on June 25, 2012, 07:53:43 PM
Quote from: hairygit on June 25, 2012, 07:32:39 PM
How about a lobby to BAN all sport from television, or have dedicated channels for it instead of screwing up the main channels schedules, I get sick of S.W.M.B.O. whining about missing her soaps etc! :evil:

I would like to see dedicated channels for sport and soaps  :thumbsup:

There seems to be some anger here, how about a rousing chorus of "O' Solo Mio"?  ;D

Don't forget to include the 'reality' shows! :)

And the thousands of celebrity chefs promoting all these food programmes! The ingredients for some of these alone would add up in price to be more than a RtR loco.
I dont see why I have to pay a subscription fee to (dressed as a licence) the BBC. Don't see why I should pay so much to a service that runs 60% repeats and features little of interest to me. I can choose my gas, electricity, mobile, Internet and phone supplier. Why can't I chose NOT to have the BBC ??? :thumbsdown:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

longbridge

Yes we have the bench mark for Cricket, Rugby Union, a Race Horse and loads of other sporting greats and that is wonderful BUT I for one get sick and tired of having it jammed down my throat day and night, TV, Radio and Newspapers.

Our 6.00pm news consists of 10 mins news, 10 mins adds and 10 mins sport, somewhere along the line they cram the weather report in and its always wrong anyway.

This is the "Angry Thread" so I am having a whinge  :thumbsup: im going back to bed.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Pete Mc

How on earth do they get the weather wrong out there?

Isn't the weather forcast as follows:
In an Australian accent.

G'day,its going to be sunny and bladdy hot mate,so crack a four x and get some fly spray while your at it,they'll be hungry little baggers.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Lawrence

Rotten evening, Della got in front work with a migraine and feeling sick, packed her off to bed (with empty bowl), put her dinner in the bin, opened my most recent ebay win of N Scale construction vehicles to find they ranged from 1:119 to 1:137 scale  >:(.  Emailed the seller to return them, he told me they were the closest you could get to n scale  :o so I emailed him a link to where he could get 1:150 scale construction vehicles  ;D, repacked them and they are going back tomorrow  >:(

Pengi

Quote from: OwL729 on June 25, 2012, 09:53:44 PM
Quote from: Joe 90 on June 25, 2012, 07:59:10 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on June 25, 2012, 07:53:43 PM
Quote from: hairygit on June 25, 2012, 07:32:39 PM
How about a lobby to BAN all sport from television, or have dedicated channels for it instead of screwing up the main channels schedules, I get sick of S.W.M.B.O. whining about missing her soaps etc! :evil:

I would like to see dedicated channels for sport and soaps  :thumbsup:

There seems to be some anger here, how about a rousing chorus of "O' Solo Mio"?  ;D

Don't forget to include the 'reality' shows! :)

And the thousands of celebrity chefs promoting all these food programmes! The ingredients for some of these alone would add up in price to be more than a RtR loco.
I dont see why I have to pay a subscription fee to (dressed as a licence) the BBC. Don't see why I should pay so much to a service that runs 60% repeats and features little of interest to me. I can choose my gas, electricity, mobile, Internet and phone supplier. Why can't I chose NOT to have the BBC ??? :thumbsdown:

I agree totally! So much money is wasted by them on very poor programmes e.g. The Voice.

longbridge

Quote from: Pete Mc on June 25, 2012, 10:15:58 PM
How on earth do they get the weather wrong out there?

Isn't the weather forcast as follows:
In an Australian accent.

G'day,its going to be sunny and bladdy hot mate,so crack a four x and get some fly spray while your at it,they'll be hungry little baggers.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: wish it was still like that but the weather over here has gone crazy like it is everywhere else, at the moment we in sub tropical areas are freezing with morning temps of 0 Celsius  and tops of 17 Celsius, this time of the year its usually 8 to 10 degrees warmer.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EtchedPixels

Blargh

So today start with the carpenter replacing the floorboards in one room where the old chipboard floor has died of old age (and indeed I put my foot through it which is how we found out).

Now we find the plonkers who did the original work years before we acquired the house put the plasterboard wall between that room and the next onto the boards, not along a joist as they should have. So we have an entire wall hanging in midair on dodgy chipboard floorboards, which might explain the small crack at the top.

Now we've got do both floors at once and very very carefully so we can keep the wall jacked up while the new proper floorboards go under it along with some bracing. Which means its spread from one room to two. To add to the fun the second room is the bathroom. The bathroom now looks like it took a direct artillery hit because the "nice" hide it all away toilet and bathroom sink section was built out over the floor so has to come out too along with the loo.

Thankfully it appears the bath is properly mounted on the joists directly.

All because some moron years ago did a hack job. I guess we should be glad we didn't wake up to find the partition wall downstairs.

Alan (normal kit posting service may be somewhat disrupted...)

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Trainfish

Quote from: Lawrence on June 25, 2012, 10:19:45 PM
opened my most recent ebay win of N Scale construction vehicles to find they ranged from 1:119 to 1:137 scale

I don't suppose these are CAT vehicles are they? I have 4 and I'm sure they're around those scales too. Not according to the supplier though who shall remain nameless for now. I may even post pictures and dimensions elsewhere to get others' opinions.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Lawrence

Quote from: Trainfish on June 25, 2012, 10:37:16 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on June 25, 2012, 10:19:45 PM
opened my most recent ebay win of N Scale construction vehicles to find they ranged from 1:119 to 1:137 scale

I don't suppose these are CAT vehicles are they? I have 4 and I'm sure they're around those scales too. Not according to the supplier though who shall remain nameless for now. I may even post pictures and dimensions elsewhere to get others' opinions.

Komatsu and other Japanese style stuff, but way over scale, nice models but way too chunky.  Much better going for the Tsugawa or Tomytec stuff from Hobby Search

Lawrence

Car died approaching a roundabout this morning (no brakes no power steering), narrowly avoided hitting the wall on the other side, got it restarted but off to the garage tomorrow if I can get it home.  Another big bill inbound no doubt  :( :(

Pengi

Quote from: Lawrence on June 28, 2012, 08:43:08 AM
Car died approaching a roundabout this morning (no brakes no power steering), narrowly avoided hitting the wall on the other side, got it restarted but off to the garage tomorrow if I can get it home.  Another big bill inbound no doubt  :( :(

That is frightening - hope you get home ok. Take care

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations