TPM Coach Inserts

Started by AndyGif, November 18, 2011, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyGif

I was looking at TPM's site lunchtime and was thinking of buying some of his Coach seating inserts to fill in all those empty mk1's, mk2's and mk3's, but they are supposed to be for the older style coaches with the printed window inserts.  Any one used them with the more modern style coach shells? If so how much fettling was required to make them fit?

cheers :beers: Andy

Chris

If by "more modern shells" you mean the clear one piece shells with the windows and livery printed, then yes the seating can be used in these. I currently have a mk1 in the classified that's had this conversion. If you mean the new release mk1s with the new tooling, these already come with interiors, as will the restaurant & buffet coaches when they are released.

AndyGif

Cheers Chris that's just what i needed to know. I've not got any of the new ones from the last couple of years.
Mine are a mix of poole and early China printed clear bodies.

BernardTPM

Hi Andy,
I wonder if you're confusing my coach inlays (new window strips) with coach interiors (seats). My inlay range was conceived as screen printed replacement window strips for the 1980-1990 Farish BR coaches (Mk.1, 2 & 3) where they had the window area printed on separate clear strips, so you could remove them and create, for example, Mk.1 BSO, RK, Mk.2f DBSO, Mk.3 TRSB, etc. etc.
I have produced a Mk.1 restaurant car interior and a Mk.1 guard/luggage mesh interior detail set, but not ordinary seats. I have got two free downloadable patterns on my website for Mk.1 BSK and CK that can be printed onto paper and folded up, because BachFarish missed the interiors from some of their later Mk.1 coaches, but that's all.

BR Lines sell seating for Farish Mk.2, 3 & 4 coaches in TSO and FO versions.

Hope this helps clear things up.
Bernard Taylor, TPM

AndyGif

Thanks Bernard, that's what i didn't want to hear. Was hoping for similar inserts to the farish ones as i ws going to fit a few passengers  into the them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations