Warley predictions...?

Started by REFaust, November 16, 2011, 08:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REFaust

Just a bit of fun...

We all know Warley is an exhibition where manufacturers like to announce/release new models, so gaze into your crystal balls and give us your predictions for what we might see...

I will start by suggesting that, since one was sold on ebay yesterday  :o , we might see the Graham Farish 411 4 CEP for sale three or four weeks earlier than previously thought...   :D

R E Faust

:Class31:

Pengi

A modern image EMU! Would love a Southern Electrostar or Pendolino or even a SWT Desiro or Javelin but I would be surprised if any one announced these. Failing that, a vintage EMU, such as the Brighton Belle, would be good.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Newportnobby

What chance Farish are flying in samples of the Austerity and the Standard 5MT steamers (well, I can but hope!)

Calnefoxile

I predict that Warley will be a Noisy, Overcrowded and over rated exhibition and add that to a massive Bun fight at the Manufacturers stands.

I've been once as an exhibitor and to be honest I wouldn't pay to go at all, I don't think people go to see the layouts at all. In my opinion it's just a trade show with the layouts as an 'entertainment' aside.

Cheers

Neal.

EtchedPixels

I doubt we'll see much new announced. Dapol have basically laid out their forthcoming items already (and have several years backlog on some promises), Bachmann normally do new announcements at the March Model and Hobby trade show.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Tank

EtchedPixels

Happily I'm partly wrong - looks like new toys arriving just in time

Maurice (Osborns) reports on the ngauge yahoo group

The blue grey version of the class 411 has come into stock. The more in
demand Green versions can't be far behind
Regards

Maurice Pearce
www.osbornsmodels.com

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

polo2k

surely their new signals should be available?

I wander if they will have any massive discounts like on the B1 at TINGS?
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

PLD

Reported elsewhere that Dapol DO have something up their sleeves, but won't say whether it is rolling stock or not or even what scale!

I wouldn't expect a lot of major new anouncements. Mostly (as far a N-gauge is concerned anyway), I expect the manufacturers stands to contain first samples of already anounced but not yet delivered models. Dapol: maybe production versions of the signals, EPs or test shots of the Pacifics?, Farish: possibly a decorated Austerity (if they're not on sale), EP for the modern EMU (350??)

Dock Shunter

Quote from: polo2k on November 16, 2011, 12:59:06 PM
surely their new signals should be available?

I would think both the signals and the new magnetic couplings would be on sale.
Dapol have really upped their game in the last few months so i wouldn't bet against them having
a surprise or two up their sleeve......

Ollie3440

For me i'm guessing the 4-cep will make a brief appearance (Like the a1's did for TINGS) and i'd imagine the A1's will be back on sale. Dapol wise i'd like to think that the signals and couplings are released. Being honest i'm not convinced anything new will be announced, although i do know Dapol will be showing samples of the Rails Eastfield 26 twins :D

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

gelboy45

I expect Dapol will eventually release a Class 33 as it seems a logical step from the Class 26. And I need loads....

Gerry

REFaust

Quote from: EtchedPixels on November 16, 2011, 12:34:37 PM
Happily I'm partly wrong - looks like new toys arriving just in time

Maurice (Osborns) reports on the ngauge yahoo group

The blue grey version of the class 411 has come into stock. The more in
demand Green versions can't be far behind
Regards

Maurice Pearce
www.osbornsmodels.com

Hmm as I suspected..the 411 that was sold on ebay was a blue/grey one. Went for £79.99 BIN as well..  :o

R E Faust

:Class31: :NGFWagonTour:

Greybeema

I know that Dapol are not going to do a 465 Networker - I FB'd them to ask.  Apparently they wouldn't sell as witnessed by Hornby 'OO' version....   2 or preferably 4EPB would be nice or an NSE (or Jaffa) 4 CEP...  But I can dream....

:Class414:

Hope the show is good though as I am flying over from Dublin especially...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Tank

I'm hope for an EMU, and I think an EPB or a 4CIG would please a lot of people.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations