The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calnefoxile

Quote from: steve836 on March 22, 2020, 09:36:38 AM
Suppliers aren't helping much. As I am 73 with COPD (mild I admit) and having missed most of last summer due to complications following a cancer op.,we have decided to avoid all face to face contact, only to find we cannot book a slot for home delivery. Three nights on the trot I waited up till midnight (the time when a new day should become available) but although the new day appeared it still said no slots were available.

@steve836 Have you mentioned this on the Helping Hnds Thread??? I'm sure there's soneone from this Forum who lives near you that can help out!!

Anyone??

Cheers

Neal.

steve836

Quote from: Calnefoxile on March 22, 2020, 02:20:36 PM
Quote from: steve836 on March 22, 2020, 09:36:38 AM
Suppliers aren't helping much. As I am 73 with COPD (mild I admit) and having missed most of last summer due to complications following a cancer op.,we have decided to avoid all face to face contact, only to find we cannot book a slot for home delivery. Three nights on the trot I waited up till midnight (the time when a new day should become available) but although the new day appeared it still said no slots were available.

@steve836 Have you mentioned this on the Helping Hnds Thread??? I'm sure there's soneone from this Forum who lives near you that can help out!!

Anyone??

Cheers

Neal.

Thanks Neal. We are OK for a bit and hopefully things will start to pick up when all the greedy beggars have filled their garages and freezers.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Trainfish

Quote from: railsquid on March 22, 2020, 06:10:53 AM
Good grief, and supplies of facepalm are running critically low as it is.

In other news, I've had two second-hand reports that UK television has been reporting that life in Japan is somehow running as normal - rest assured it isn't, schools as well as "public gathering places" have been closed since the start of March, tourism is dead, restaurants etc. are very empty and people are being very circumspect. The cherry blossom season (basically a massive excuse to hang out in dense throngs in parks) is verboten.

Thank goodness I read that again, initially I thought you had said: "basically a massive excuse to hang out in dense thongs in parks".
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

EtchedPixels

Only place I can find that is still doing deliveries sanely is our milkman. Fingers crossed they'll fulfill our slightly updated order to include some butter and other stuff (they've branched out a lot in what they sell since the 1970s). Will find out in the morning.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

steve836

Quote from: Trainfish on March 22, 2020, 09:33:56 PM
Quote from: railsquid on March 22, 2020, 06:10:53 AM
Good grief, and supplies of facepalm are running critically low as it is.

In other news, I've had two second-hand reports that UK television has been reporting that life in Japan is somehow running as normal - rest assured it isn't, schools as well as "public gathering places" have been closed since the start of March, tourism is dead, restaurants etc. are very empty and people are being very circumspect. The cherry blossom season (basically a massive excuse to hang out in dense throngs in parks) is verboten.

Thank goodness I read that again, initially I thought you had said: "basically a massive excuse to hang out in dense thongs in parks".

I didn't see that when I read it but I reccon we all have dirty minds :-[
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

daffy

Oh dear. Now I have a rather unsavoury image of thick thongs in my mind.  :o

Thongs for the memory, guys.

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daffy

Yesterdays happy hiatus has passed. This evening I am Mr Angry once again.

Some Tesco staff I met encountered today not social distancing.

Many shoppers in  Tesco Lincoln also failing to act with any sense of safety or regard for others.

Morons continuing to treat the situation as a holiday, with hundreds going to the Peak District (as an example) to walk the hills and moors.

An Edale (Peak District) Farmer disinfecting his gates due to yesterday's hoards passing through, challenged one of the above and told him to go home. For this he was punched up to 15 times!

Today a 21 year old in England died. She had no pre-existing condition.

FOR GODS SAKE! WHEN WILL EVERYONE WAKE UP AND GET THE MESSAGE? THIS IS A LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION WE ARE IN. MORE THAN 20,000 PEOPLE HAVE DIED. MANY, MANY MORE WILL JOIN THEM. STAY AT HOME!

End of rant. I can't say I feel better for it.

Time for a rum and coke I think.

And I'm supposedly teetotal!
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Sounds good to me. Won't fix anything, but it'll calm you down.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Nose ones hangry here. hic :pint:

Dish yoo no? Teeeeetolaters gets pished eezy peezy. hic  :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

jpendle

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 23, 2020, 11:08:25 AM
An example of a thick thong...........

I do hope that you were NOT referring to the attire of the young lady in the photo? "Julia, Gerald's chum with whom he writes poems"  :beers:

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Skyline2uk

:veryangry:

BBC!

Misleading headline published on the website today saying "all cats should be kept indoors".

Vets association advice is ONLY those from households with people showing symptoms should TRY to keep cats in IF SAFE and possible.

Headline since changed, but I am sorry but in a country where idiots are burning 5G masts how many cats could suffer because of this?

I am worried about my two now, I would be heartbroken if somebody did something to them  :(

Skyline2uk

javlinfaw7

This may explain a local shortage of cat litter. Shelfs of my local Lidl and Asda are empty

TrevL

Quote from: javlinfaw7 on April 08, 2020, 01:03:07 PM
This may explain a local shortage of cat litter. Shields of local lidl and asda empty

No, that's because most cat litter is made from "Fullers Earth", which is an excellent decontaminent for fallout should there be a nuclear war, allegedly. :D
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

A couple of days ago I heard a zookeeper in the USA had infected a tiger and cubs with Covid-19.
Do we therefore act as the loonies against pets?
Face it, we can't trust the brainless gits to stop clumping together. There's just no hope for us when so many villages are missing their idiots.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations