Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainsdownunder

More ABBA - Last of the christmas spend arrived today

Not 1, but 2  Santa Fe F7 ABBA sets in the BLue/Yellow scheme All units are Kato powered with DCC fitted (TCS decoders).

Also managed to get a Blue war-bonnet F7 A unit (DCC). One of my other B units will be getting a respray at some point to complete this loco. Paid £305 inc
P&P for the lot, which as they're all DCC I reckon is good going.

[smg id=9337][smg id=9338]

http://youtu.be/EdddioOUnkI

scotsoft

2 ABBA sets is just plain greedy  :D

You have not been robbed paying that price for what you got  :thumbsup:

They look very smart Colin, well done  ;)

cheers John.

Bealman

That runs beautifully, mate. I forget that some American loco lash-ups are as long as (dare I say it) a Blue Pullman!

It's been a while now since I read American mags (apart from Rod Stewart!!  ;D), but those are formidable looking diesels. 1940s-50s?

And yes, I've just caught a post from a certain gentleman in NE England (above), but now that I've typed this, I'm posting it regardless.  :thumbsup:

Wife is at her sister's in Blue Mountains. I might just put ABBA on the stereo.  :D

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

philwhite

The F7's look great! The Blue/Yellow ATSF freight scheme is one of my favourites and suits the F7 very well.

I've never seen a Kato blue bonnet before, is it a custom paint?

trainsdownunder

Quote from: philwhite on January 06, 2014, 11:03:46 AM
The F7's look great! The Blue/Yellow ATSF freight scheme is one of my favourites and suits the F7 very well.

I've never seen a Kato blue bonnet before, is it a custom paint?

The blue bonnet colour cigar band scheme I believe is from 1971-72. There are Yellow versions as well. These Blue versions are hard to find and I think may have been a US release only.

More info on SF locos and schemes here :http://www.atsfrr.com/resources/funits/Santa%20Fe%20Railway%20Historical%20&%20Modeling%20Society%20-%20The%20F-Unit%20Pages.htm

Bealman

Oh -oh.  71-72..... so I was way off with1940s-50s then.  :-[
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

It arrived in the post today from a relative, a brand new oddity!

Made by Bachmann, it has a tender drive via cardan to the loco drive wheels c/w traction tyres!

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

scotsoft

Hello Peter,

What you need for your great looking loco are a set of coaches like these  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: scotsoft on January 06, 2014, 02:45:37 PM
Hello Peter,

What you need for your great looking loco are a set of coaches like these  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

AND I suppose you just happen to have a set for sale?   :D :D
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

scotsoft

Hello Peter.

I am afraid I do not have a set for sale, the ones I have are for locos I already have.

I have not seen Pennsylvania coaches like these for sale but in the UK you can pick up the Union Pacific ones on eBay fairly regularly.  The old timer locos also were used to haul freight so you could pick those up to make a train.

cheers John.

philwhite

The Athearn / Roundhouse overton cars also look good behind a 4-4-0, but unfortunately are quite rare these days.

http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH11004

daveg

Looks straight out of an early western movie.

Does the PRR stand for 'Peter's Rail Road' by any chance?  :D

Dave G

scotsoft

Hi Phil,

I don't think I have ever seen any of the Athern cars for sale.
It is a pity they have discontinued these classic cars  :thumbsdown:

cheers John.

trainsdownunder

Hi

I sold my PRR recently like this. I've never seen PRR cars for these, but I may have a contact for you - I'll look.
I can get you some like these, but they are undecorated. These are slightly smaller than the Bachann ones and so are bit better scale. Will send some more pics later.

[smg id=4752]
[smg id=4296]

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations