Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Here in Oz you can legally drive your car unregistered to get it registered (equivalent to your MOT).

However, you're encouraged to do it all online these days.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

???
The car is MOT'd until Jan next year.
I can't tax it on line as, although I have the registration document (V5C), it is in my Mother's name and the DVLA have removed her as the owner :doh:

TBH - I wish I'd left using 'Tell Us Once' until after the car had been sold, knowing what I know now

Nbodger

So, who is the owner?
Does this also mean it no longer has a valid insurance?

Newportnobby

Ask me one on knitting, Mike :dunce:

If someone at the DVLA would just pick up the phone I might be able to learn the first bit.

dannyboy

Inflation??

I have been reading a couple of news items today about inflation. I know, as I normally do the grocery shopping, that it is happening, but we went to Enniskillen last Saturday for our monthly 'outing' and did our shopping at Asda. We noticed an increase in the cost of some items, but Louisa is partial to 'Lurpak' butter, so we always get a tub. Normally it is £3.75p, with the occasional reduction in price, (but not often). How much was it this time? £5.00p.  :o. I know things are not good with the supply of some ingredients, but a 33.33% rise? It seems to me that somebody is extracting the urine. I don't know who is to blame, Asda or Arla Foods, (the makers of Lurpak), but I can not see how such an increase can be justified. Has anybody else noticed any ridiculous price rises?  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

That's a bummer as Lurpak is my dairy spread of choice.
I'll check it at Tesco tomorrow morning. :uneasy:

dannyboy

I have just being doing a bit of 'research' on line. Aldi do an almost identical butter called 'Nordpak'. One review I have just read says that the two are almost indist indish indeshin identical. I have permission from Louisa to buy a tub from Aldi when I do the shopping on Friday for her to test, so I will let you know Mick.
@Newportnobby
David.

Ossian

From recent experience, the "Nordpak Spreadable" is excellent, and on a par with the "brand that shall not be named"    The regular version is also spreadable - with mechanical assistance!

Newportnobby

@dannyboy I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but the standard (not offer) price at Tesco today was £3.59 for 500g tub. Soz.

dannyboy

@Newportnobby  Huh - must be old stock.  :). I have a news feed on my phone and one of the pieces was from an Asda worker. One of his jobs is apparently putting the prices on the shelf edges and he remarked that the biggest increase he has seen this last week is Lurpak going from £3.80p to £5.05p.  :hmmm:. Fortunately, I do not mind the el cheapo, €/£1.00p 'spreads' - it's Louisa who wants the Lurpak, but we will see what she thinks to the Aldi alternative at the weekend. Just having a quick check on t'web shows quite a variety in price, the Asda website shows £4.50p, but the search results show Lurpak at Asda costing £5.00p! Makes even more sense now to shop around if convenient.
David.

Malc

Morrisons had an offer on Lurpac two weeks ago for £3.00. Might be worth checking. We bought 2 and froze one.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

But do the clones come in slightly salted and unsalted?  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Quote from: Bealman on May 25, 2022, 05:57:06 PM
But do the clones come in slightly salted and unsalted?  :hmmm:

Nordpak, (Aldi), certainly comes in slightly salted. If I remember on Friday, I will see if there is an unsalted version.
David.

geofff

I'd love some butter - but Mrs G decided to use Flora 30 years ago!

steve836

Quote from: geofff on May 25, 2022, 06:55:01 PM
I'd love some butter - but Mrs G decided to use Flora 30 years ago!
That sounds like grounds for divorce :D
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations