Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babz

Hell Everyone I hope you have all had a good week, I am just about to take Delivery of one of these I know it is not rolling stock But It Does DC and DCC.
Electrak Clean 111

Miniatronics’ ELECTRAK CLEAN lll - N, HO, Z and S scale, also 2 rail O scale , We heard your requests for a unit that could be housed in a box rather than a car. The third version of the Electrak Clean is housed in a box that sits track side. The same electronic generator powering the PEC2-1 is the main power house for the PEC3-1. This unit has the same cleaning power and is completely assembled, and operates from an included 12 VDC power source. Place an engine on the tracks and begin the cleaning process. Greatest results can be achieved by cleaning tracks section by section up to a maximum of 80 feet. The unit is easily moved to the next section. Using electrostatic impulses, Miniatronics’ Electrak Clean III is the most effective and easiest way to keep your tracks clean! Plus, it will not damage tracks (it just cleans them!) The Electrak Clean is compatible with DCC. Now there is no need for abrasives, chemicals, rollers or pads. State of the art electronics are contained in the Electrak Clean lll. Our tests indicate that the residue left can be picked up by using a cloth and simply wiping the wheels down of the engine. You may prefer using an inexpensive cleaning car with a dry roller following your engine as the final step in the cleaning process. Average cleaning time is approximately 20-30 minutes for a 4 X 8 layout. Don’t let grime or dirt slow down your trains!

Best Regards

Babs

scottmitchell74

Beautiful locos Pete and NPN. I'm waiting eagerly for my Union Mills price list to arrive in the mail...and one of those Warships will be mine someday!

In the meantime...this came in the mail today. I have her B&O cousin, but needed some Chessie locos. I love these Life Like SW9/1200 Switchers. They are pretty little things and run nicely.

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

SymonC

Bought some signals on e-bay and treated myself to a Fairburn tank, will try and post pics over the weekend. :)

DJM Dave

Quote from: newportnobby on February 21, 2014, 02:55:47 PM
Another arrival on Kimbolted...............I present to you D823 Hermes, courtesy of Wayne 56089 :thankyousign:

Seen sitting at the bay platform with the local portion of the London - Worcester train

[smg id=10386]
:pmsign:

Jammy bugger, I was after that and you beat me too it by about 2 minutes.

I needed at least another 2 maroon and 1 blue for my layout.......might have to borrow yours ;-)
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

Newportnobby

Quote from: DJM Dave on February 21, 2014, 08:01:06 PM
:pmsign:

Jammy bugger, I was after that and you beat me too it by about 2 minutes.

I needed at least another 2 maroon and 1 blue for my layout.......might have to borrow yours ;-)

No PM received, Dave :no:

Edit - just seen this one on Fleabay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-N-Gauge-Class-42-Diesel-/221375321969?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item338aff5771

There is also a blue one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-371-601A-Class-42-Warship-Diesel-D827-Kelly-BR-Blue-DCC-ready-/221369999077?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item338aae1ee5

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

CarriageShed

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on February 21, 2014, 07:43:24 PM
I'm waiting eagerly for my Union Mills price list to arrive in the mail...and one of those Warships will be mine someday!

If I'm not mistaken, the latest price list is in the new edition of the N Gauge Journal. I was drooling over it the other day...

Bealman

Seen sitting at the bay platform with the local portion of the London - Worcester train
Wot bay platform? I know me eyesight's gettin' bad, but..... oh of course! It hasn't been built yet!  :D

They are lovely locos though, even though I bust two buffers off mine getting it out of the box. I found one of them, but the other is off in Lady Gaga land somewhere. Will Farish be able to supply a replacement? On thinking again about that, getting a part that is about 2mm big shipped to Australia is probably dumb thinking. Ah well.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ParkeNd

Farish Jinty arrives tomorrow. It's not going to be as smooth a runner nor as silent as my maroon Farish Warship - but once you have one of those other than a Farish 24 (or two in my case) and a Dapol 22 the only way is down. TOWID?

Newportnobby

Quote from: ParkeNd on February 22, 2014, 12:39:34 AM
Farish Jinty arrives tomorrow. It's not going to be as smooth a runner nor as silent as my maroon Farish Warship - but once you have one of those other than a Farish 24 (or two in my case) and a Dapol 22 the only way is down. TOWID?

You may well be in for a shock - it's very smooth and very quiet :thumbsup:

Quote from: Bealman on February 22, 2014, 12:32:57 AM
Wot bay platform? I know me eyesight's gettin' bad, but..... oh of course! It hasn't been built yet!  :D

The bay platform is actually the other side of the loco, George.
It's just a thin extension of the main platform. :D

AC

My latest purchase is the new Dapol Pannier Tank (5764) in Great Western Green, which was purchased today. Also shown in the picture is a Dapol Pannier Tank (8762) in GWR Green, which was purchased last month. Showing both of them in these photos because I never posted when I bought the first Pannier, and it also compares the differences with the cab on each class.
The 'Great Western' one is a slightly darker shade of green than the 'GWR' one. Was noticeable as soon as I took them both out the boxes and placed them beside each other.

My NGF Layout Thread: Stanley Yard; a Model Railway in a Toolbox
My NGF Workbench Thread: AC's Occasional Modelling Thread

My Modelling Blog (Multiple Scales): AC's Miscellaneous Model Mixture Blog
My Old Website: AC's Stuff

SymonC

Here's the latest addition to my loco fleet.

Graham Farish 372-752 Fairburn tank

Newportnobby

Following quite a few poor reviews, how about posting yours in the Review Section please, Symon?

bluedepot

Dapol MK3 Intercity Swallow Buffet!   (this is taken in the fiddle yard, so no scenery obviously...)

I got this class 122 a few months ago when they were going cheap from a shop in Germany...

mickeyflinn

After Saturday's aborted journey to Arcadia Rail in Oldham (see http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=659.msg201987#msg201987), I managed to make it up there this morning and am now the proud owner of;
Have to say it's a little beauty, and is currently running merrily on DC before being chipped ready for DCC.
I bought the right-angled Bachmann chip to fit into it at the same time as I didn't know how big the chip was, and after bending the pins on another chip to fit my Tomix track cleaner (and bending them the wrong way first!), didn't want to risk damaging a brand new chip getting it to fit.
Thought it might be helpful to other members to see how big the right-angled chip actually is, so
The right-angled chip (36-556RA) is on the left, a Digitrax DZ125IN is in the centre, and a TCS EUN651 is on the right.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations