what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Made another Nightstar sleeper coach, now clearing up stuff and having a tidy.

Next job is finishing off some ETR500 coach shells while Shapeways is doing its 20% off polished WSF offer. Those will go with the Del Prado end cars and a Linea motorising kit.

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Quote from: mereman on September 15, 2013, 01:37:20 PM
At the moment I'm trying to work myself up to fitting another point motor. But as I now have a working oval afraid I'm playing with some trains :D

Welcome to my world, Mike :smiley-laughing: :-[

Drakken

Waiting for the glue to dry after laying down the grass mat.

EtchedPixels

Painting up the last five clay wagons to go with the class 22. I've just noticed one of the buffers has gone walkies  :veryangry:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Dock Shunter

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 16, 2013, 02:03:08 PM
Painting up the last five clay wagons to go with the class 22. I've just noticed one of the buffers has gone walkies  :veryangry:

Any chance of a pic or two when you have time please Alan..... :camera:

texhorse

Photo?  He's got to find it first.  Oh sorry, I thought you meant the buffer....

Andy

:D
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Dock Shunter

Quote from: texhorse on September 16, 2013, 06:28:19 PM
Photo?  He's got to find it first.  Oh sorry, I thought you meant the buffer....

Andy

:D

he'll be lucky.....the carpet monster has well had that........ :D

Cooper

I've just finished painting 10 ICI hoppers with their main body colour and I should really be prepping my layout for a trip out in 9 days time. But there are still 9 days so no panic yet.... :uneasy: I'll post a picture of the wagons when I've finally got the missing buffer and two brake wheels on and painted, and the transfers on....

I lied, here they are without the transfers!

Chetcombe

Just unpacking Class 52 'D1000 Western Enterprise' from Osborns (and I managed to sneak in Class 22 D 6319 past SWMBO as well :wave:).

First impressions of the Western... Gorgeous 8)

Can't wait to run it in...
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

EtchedPixels

Still looking for that buffer  ;) but did manage to an arty photo last night - and down to four clay wagons to finish.

NeMo

Had to catch "the last train home" last night from a grim visit to see my wife in hospital. There is something very atmospheric about seeing a late night train slide into a station when it's cold, dark and there's hardly anyone there. Definitely got something of that feeling in this photo; well done!

Cheers NeMo

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 19, 2013, 12:09:33 PM
Still looking for that buffer  ;) but did manage to an arty photo last night - and down to four clay wagons to finish.

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on September 19, 2013, 03:02:06 PM
Getting Rail Joiner's Thumb (it hurts Mummy :'()

Just getting over a small outbreak myself  :doh:

dave  :thumbsup:

Dorsetmike

Started to remove some of General Clutter's last stand from the layout so I can hopefully connect some track to the turntable, and maybe even run some trains; also started a similar operation on the work bench. Just don't try opening any drawers, otherwise known as Clutters final retreat(s)
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

daveg

Quote from: Dorsetmike on September 19, 2013, 07:56:50 PM
Started to remove some of General Clutter's last stand from the layout so I can hopefully connect some track to the turntable, and maybe even run some trains; also started a similar operation on the work bench. Just don't try opening any drawers, otherwise known as Clutters final retreat(s)

That General must have an identical twin in Sevenoaks!  :worried:

Dave G

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations