what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Oldman

soldering iron found and leds now wired up.
sorting out roof to make it light proof.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

longbridge

Quote from: daveg on June 03, 2013, 10:58:48 AM
How about a pic  :camera: or two, LB?

Dave G

Thanks for the reply Dave will take a few pictures tomorrow
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

scottishlocos

Hi all

I have been weathering some HAA hoppers

Kind regards

Dave

CarriageShed

Planning the wiring for my still-on-the-drawing-board layout and noting all the useful hints and tips that I'm picking up here, especially on ballasting.

daveg

Virtually nothing as I'm still decorating the house!  :'(

However, I'm still spending my 'railway allowance' on more wagons and just lost it completely by pre-ordering from MRD the Dapol class 22 in green. Looking around it seems that delivery was supposed to be March and now July.

My excuse is that I have 13 kettles but only5 diesels including an 03 shunter so another one isn't too much to ask ; is it?  ;) ... and I do have paint scraper's elbow!

Dave G

Sprintex

Making N Gauge office furniture and PCs!  :goggleeyes:

Paul

lionwing

Not done anything this weekend because the weather in the UK is too nice to be inside!

That said I have got some interesting kit building and wiring to deal with this week!

:P
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

Oldman

Cutting big holes in a baseboard.
Discovered I am mm from one of the braces. Lucky or what!
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Belated

Having re-laid the fiddle yard to suit continuous running, now have to re-wire the connections.  Have got the sub-miniature switches and terminal posts, have soldered wires to the first batch for power feeds, have to install track feeds from same switches.  Then need to repeat for the scenic board.  Not forgetting I want to install a second loop to pick up the existing track and complete the loops.  Fit hinges to the panel with all the switches.  Then I can play trains - I mean test the tracks.  :angel:  I also have to decide if I'm going to try to fit all the buildings back on or go for the idea of a Thomas layout to keep the little ones happy.  :worried:   :confused1:

It's my birthday end of next month, wonder if little hints will bear fruit and if I can escape the doctor's machinations and get Thomas and carriages for my pressy,  tee - hee.   :laugh3:

John
John

Sprintex

Inbetween doing scenery, making an IBM PC complete with keyboard and mouse out of microstrip and printed images  :goggleeyes:

See here

Paul

moogle

Nothing on the layout. Been busy making windows for my pier building.
Filing 16 square panes on each window is taking a while as there's 8 of them!  :laugh:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Trainfish

On the layout? Nothing!
On the golf course? Loads!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

1936ace

frustratingly nothing. Between work, Nicole getting to finish the painting, building a 00 layout for a mate, getting my 5inch loco running, kids and their sport and doing all the normal stuff around the house I think I need another 12 hrs a day.
at least I have the big oval so at least zac and I can run some things
still trying to work out if im moving house so that's the other issue
bart

Pete Mc

Quote from: Trainfish on June 19, 2013, 01:30:01 AM
On the layout? Nothing!
On the golf course? Loads!

Waste of a good walk. :D

For quite some time now,I have been doing sound conversions on my loco fleet and doing some weathering as well.This has been a distraction as the idea of doing what I am doing has been buried under the carpet for quite a long time.

What I am doing is lifting all the track and starting again.Currently,my baseboards are 9ft 6in by 4ft.I am going to resize the baseboard to 9ft 6in by 3ft.The reason for this is quite simple.I made a great big stupid mistake and also a smaller one.

The big mistake was to cram that much track on that there was no space for any kind of scenic work and the prospect of wiring for dcc was terrifying.If I set a train going it had to go around the baseboard three times before it returns to its start point.So the wiring ridiculously complicating,or it would've had it not been for my procrastinating.At least I didn't waste any wire.

So now,having removed all my rolling stock and boxed them up and stored them away,I have to start removing the track.I have only pinned the track down,no ballasting has been done so its almost 100% recyclable.The only bits that are junk are the bits soldered to screws at the board joints.

I expect that I'll have at least twice as much track as I need for the new trackplan that will be a town above the station,with a TMD/stabling point moving over to a suburban scene as the layout is seen from one end to the other.I will be having a fiddle yard/staging area for fixed rake trains as well as sidings just for loco's that will be rotated at the TMD.

Work has already started and with it being such a simple track plan,the potential for operational interest is so much more likely to be movement intensive that it has fired up my juices and made my mojo come back in leaps and bounds.Also,my model railway interests,in terms of what I like doing are now a lot more refined than just watching trains go thundering round,although thats not to say I won't just want to sit and let them go round on their own,I want to include a bit of something in addition to that and a TMD is an ideal addition.

If I decide a loco is going in to the works,it may be parked up with three loco's blocking it in,so that means they have to be shifted the moved back again after the selected loco has been taken into the works which takes time after all,in the BR blue days,nothing was done logically or made easy.

So,lots to do.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations