Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinZaPint

Quote from: whiteswan on March 14, 2013, 03:31:58 PM
Even better, Malaga are through to the quarter finals of the Champions League.   :claphappy:

Better get your cheerleaders outfit ironed  :thumbsup:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

scotsoft

Even better, Malaga are through to the quarter finals of the Champions League.   :claphappy:

One of my Spanish classical guitars was made in Malaga  :admiration:

Caz

Quote from: MinZaPint on March 14, 2013, 05:01:19 PM

Better get your cheerleaders outfit ironed  :thumbsup:

At my age I don't think it would look that great, but thanks for the thought, oh to be young again. :whiteflag:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Irish Padre on April 10, 2011, 09:20:03 PM
Some great happy news on here ;D ;D ;D

My happy news is; am 40 today ???  :beers:and my beautiful wife has bought me not one but two Union Mills locos - a 3F and 'cauliflower'. 3F in my hand and other one on order. And she took me to Gaugemaster where I bought some necessary items and gazed longingly at many others.............................

More good news is that I sold my layout on eBay, without making too much of a loss :smiley-laughing:

So I can now build my double-track Peco planned circuit on a 3'6" by 2'3" board, and I've bought the track and Morley controller already!!! Lots of layout construction coming up!!!

David

OINVU!

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

petercharlesfagg

Friends,
My happy ending to a traumatic day.

I visited Hattons to order some replacement trackwork. (See Angry thread)

Whilst there I decided to go the whole hog and order a locomotive, it is one of those that appeals to my love of steam trains and one that I feel I could look at for hours as it negotiates my new layout, one day!

I have pre-ordered this piece of machinery:-

http://www.ehattons.com/61143/Graham_Farish_372_800B_Class_A1_4_6_2_60163_Tornado_in_BR_Express_blue_as_preserved_/StockDetail.aspx

All I have to do now is wait.

The idea of retail therapy is wonderful I feel better already!

Regards Peter.

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

Caz

Now you know why us girls like going shopping, helps us get over all the moaning men we have to put up with.   :P   :laugh:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

longbridge

No moaning from me Caz, I just sit on a seat and watch train videos on my smart phone at the shopping centre, my dear wife can shop till the cows come home and I am happy  :claphappy:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

daveg

Looks fabulous Peter!

Bet you can't wait for it to arrive. Any ideas when that might be?

What coaches are you planning to go behind the big blue beast?

Once the N gauge bug gets you (or you get back to it) it's unstoppable! Ask my bank manager!  :D

Dave G

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: daveg on March 15, 2013, 07:21:15 PM
Looks fabulous Peter!

Bet you can't wait for it to arrive. Any ideas when that might be?

What coaches are you planning to go behind the big blue beast?

Once the N gauge bug gets you (or you get back to it) it's unstoppable! Ask my bank manager!  :D

Dave G

David,
Thankyou for the comment.

I have a dream of having a rake of Pullman coaches along the lines (no pun intended) of The Orient Express! 

I saw the train in the flesh about 50 years ago on its way to Dover and I would just like to have a little of that memory restored.

The delivery time scale is unknown, or at least I haven't enquired, just another pleasure to look forward to enjoying.

Regards Peter.

Lawrence

My jaw no longer hurts after the mahoosive tooth was wrenched from my jaw earlier this week.  It could just be that the bottle of Shiraz I had tonight is taking effect though :D
Either way I'm quite happy tonight  ;D ;D

daveg

Quote from: Lawrence on March 15, 2013, 10:14:33 PM
My jaw no longer hurts after the mahoosive tooth was wrenched from my jaw earlier this week.  It could just be that the bottle of Shiraz I had tonight is taking effect though :D

Glad to hear it!

:beers:

Dave G

petercharlesfagg

I must say that I'm surprised, I would have thought that it was single malt that was more appropriate!

As a sassenach I have enjoyed a glass of Dalwhinnie this evening!

Glad the mouth is recovering!

regards Peter.

brbluewill

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 15, 2013, 10:33:57 PM

I must say that I'm surprised, I would have thought that it was single malt that was more appropriate!

regards Peter.

why would you refer to yourself as sassenach ???up here that is a derogatory term for the english :D
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

Newportnobby

Quote from: gwrwill on March 15, 2013, 11:08:36 PM
Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 15, 2013, 10:33:57 PM

regards Peter.

why would you refer to yourself as sassenach ???up here that is a derogatory term for the english :D

Don't we know it ;) Probably one of many.

Matthew-peter

Just won an autocoach in crimson and cream on eBay xD
OK who took my cake?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations