Class 67 question

Started by Lawrence, February 07, 2012, 03:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

As I am not into the British stuff, I'm sure guys will be able to answer the question.

I have seen a number of class 67 (and others) dummies on ebay for reasonable prices, are there no RTR chassis available for this and other British locos to convert them to running models.

I am curious as there is a wide range in the Japanese market, I recently bought a single car electric loco, essentially a dummy, for £5 and bought a chassis from Japan for £15 (inc shipping), I now have a brand new train for £20.

I am sure it is just my lack of knowledge as surely there must be a market for this  :-\

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Lawrence on February 07, 2012, 03:51:04 PM
I have seen a number of class 67 (and others) dummies on ebay for reasonable prices, are there no RTR chassis available for this

Yes Dapol do one !

My old kit built one used a Farish DMU chassis.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

matt-b

dapol do still a 67 motored chassis on there website, its £59.18 thou and since you can get a ews brand new 67 for £55 it dont really make sense to buy it off them.

matt
:NGaugeForum:

Lawrence

Quote from: matt-b on February 07, 2012, 04:31:54 PM
dapol do still a 67 motored chassis on there website, its £59.18 thou and since you can get a ews brand new 67 for £55 it dont really make sense to buy it off them.

matt

That's just daft, not to mention profiteering, I wonder if any of the Japanese chassis would fit?? If it was possible to find out the Chassis Length & Width, the truck centres, axle centres & total axles there is probably a Tomytec, Tomix or Kato chassis to fit

matt-b

sorry, just checked its not £55 its £57 from trader, just incase that was confusing. :)

matt

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Lawrence on February 07, 2012, 05:10:56 PM
That's just daft, not to mention profiteering, I wonder if any of the Japanese chassis would fit?? If it was possible to find out the Chassis Length & Width, the truck centres, axle centres & total axles there is probably a Tomytec, Tomix or Kato chassis to fit

The old 101 DMU chassis fits a 67 quite nicely as I said earlier.

However its £55 for a complete motorised loco, so why spend £20 on a non motorised one + £30 on a chassis + conversion time + lose the lights ?

Confused....

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Lawrence

I get what you are saying Alan, but I reckon you could do it for £30 though + a couple of quid for some lighting bits, plus you get the fun of doing it ;D

Adam1701D

The 67 has a pretty long wheelbase for a loco, so there may well be a Jap MU chassis that will do the trick.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Joe 90

Wouldn't the bogies be wrong though?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%