Anyrail VS Fleischmann layout plans?

Started by Raymond, February 09, 2014, 04:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymond

Afternoon all,

I am planning a new layout partially based on an existing layout in Fleischmann layout plans book 9950 (Layout 24).

I tried to plan this in Anyrail as it it going to be different from the layout in the book but laying it out some track from the original layout does not connect.  :hmmm:

I did notice that the inventory list is not completely correct so could it be that the Fleischmann layout is wrong?

Just thought someone on here might know before I start nailing down the track finding out it doesn't work out in the end…. (I'm building this in stages as Fleischmann track is made out of gold judging by today's prices)  :goggle eyes:

Thanks in advance

Ray
I like sitting in my hottub with a beer or two......

daveg

Hi Ray

Might be an idea to get on the AnyRail forum and pose the Q there as well as here. If you have the full version there should be a link from the Help menu. Can't remember if it's there on the demo version.

Hope you can get things sorted.

Dave G

REGP

Raymond

Cheers chaps!

I'll have a look on there tonight.

Just Googled the book I have and it dates from 1974!

Raymond

I've changed my mind…..

Now drawing one up from scratch.  8)

It's far too easy to spend money on track in Anyrail  :goggleeyes: ;D

EtchedPixels

It's common for set-track layouts bunged into a computer to not quite connect. A lot of the software modelling tools ignore the fact that all sorts of small adjustments are perfectly workable with real track to make things join quite happily.

Xtrkcad has an option for making bits of track join by slightly tweaking the track as happens in the real world. I don't know if Anyrail does.

If you keep wanting to use too much track you could take up finescale. Having to think 'it'll take me five hours to solder that point' sure helps 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Raymond

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm now drawing up a new track layout using the wider radius track which will look better. I 'think' they only had radius 1 and 2 back then?

It's looking good so far but I need to save some pennies up for more track by the looks of it….  :confused1:

EtchedPixels

Fleischmann R1 and R2 are also sort of UK R0 and R1 - they start around 7" radius which doesn't agree with a lot of UK stock
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Raymond

I'm a bit odd with things like that. I'll be running just Fleischmann track and trains  :-[  ;D

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations