BachFar items due into Rails of Sheffield by end of August (this year)

Started by Newportnobby, August 21, 2020, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveS1967

40012 delayed again :(
31131 delayed again :(
Looks like 47435 is here but confusion over the MK2F's TSO/FO were supposed to be 1st Week of September but now showing as Sep/Oct with the rest Nov/Dec!!

Yet they can pop out an additional 40 for OO Gauge!!

Us N Gaugers screwed everytime!
Steve.

Skyline2uk

Kernow's latest weekly news e-mail lists 8Fs as "during September".

Also, they list two versions of the HKA bogie wagon:

373-811 Graham Farish HKA Bogie Hopper 'National Power' Blue, weathered

£42.95

373-812 Graham Farish HKA Bogie Hopper Debranded 'National Power' Blue, weathered £42.95

Now 373-811 is listed here as "weathered", the Bachmann website does not. I am inclined (wrongly?) to go by Bachmann as they are producing the things, but it seems many model shops are expecting weathered wagons as well as 373-811 (debranded AND weathered).

Skyline2uk

jamespetts

I notice that all of the class 47s (e.g. here) are now no longer showing a date at all. They had previously been August, and until extremely recently, September. Rails of Sheffield is also no longer giving any date for these, whereas other, smaller, retailers are still giving August as the date. Does anyone have any information on what has happened?
Peertube > Youtube

SteveS1967

It could be that they are imminent, I bought the single road servicing depot announced in June, there was no date at all then all of a sudden Rails had taken my cash and it was here a day later. I agree it can be confusing as all the loco/stock I wanted has been delayed... 40012 (May now Dec/Jan) 31131 (Sep now Nov/Dec) and the MK2F's the FO & TSO now showing as Sept/Oct with the BSO & DBSO in November... it's crazy, us N Gaugers have had nothing new announced this year but just continuing delays with 2017/18 & 19 items!!

LASteve

Rails today announced via email that four CL47s are in stock, including this one:

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/35034/graham-farish-371-825c-n-gauge-class-47-0-no-d1779-br-green-diesel-locomotive?utm_source=Mailing+List&utm_campaign=5dc52f97fe-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_08_26_08_15_COPY_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74d01bc2ed-5dc52f97fe-5821457

I'm sorely tempted, but I have a BR Blue "The Geordie" which stumbles over pretty much any pointwork and that's apparently due to the axle boxes protruding too low on the bogie frames. Can anyone confirm or deny that there's no problem with the design of these models? I'm ready to shell out my $150 on this, but I can't just pop into the store to confirm it runs properly before I pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance!

Bealman

Sorry to hear that about your 47.

However, I'd buy that green one for the lovely livery alone, me!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

montyburns1982

Quote from: LASteve on September 23, 2020, 04:00:52 AM
Rails today announced via email that four CL47s are in stock, including this one:

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/35034/graham-farish-371-825c-n-gauge-class-47-0-no-d1779-br-green-diesel-locomotive?utm_source=Mailing+List&utm_campaign=5dc52f97fe-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_08_26_08_15_COPY_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74d01bc2ed-5dc52f97fe-5821457

I'm sorely tempted, but I have a BR Blue "The Geordie" which stumbles over pretty much any pointwork and that's apparently due to the axle boxes protruding too low on the bogie frames. Can anyone confirm or deny that there's no problem with the design of these models? I'm ready to shell out my $150 on this, but I can't just pop into the store to confirm it runs properly before I pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance!

Some of the early 47s had protruding axleboxes which caught on points and aws ramps etc. All my later ones have this corrected though.

LASteve

Quote from: montyburns1982 on September 23, 2020, 04:45:17 AM
Some of the early 47s had protruding axleboxes which caught on points and aws ramps etc. All my later ones have this corrected though.
Thank you Monty. I think my "Geordie" must have been one of the earlier ones. I've got it on the workbench waiting in line to shave off the bottom of the axle boxes and see if I can remedy the problem, but I didn't want to deal with that on a brand-new model.

It's my second birthday tomorrow. I'll wait until the clock ticks over and convince myself to get myself a gift!

LASteve

Quote from: Bealman on September 23, 2020, 04:10:34 AM
However, I'd buy that green one for the lovely livery alone, me!
That's what did it for me. I opened the Rails email expecting to see a whole lot of OO and O releases, and saw that green 47 and basically sighed into my coffee. Oh!

gc4946

New Farish and Scenecraft releases now in stock at Rails https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/3175/new-graham-farish-and-scenecraft-n-gauge

Mk2f FO (blue/grey)
3 x 170s
4 x 47s
DB Schenker and debranded National Power HKAs

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

njee20

They look to have done a great job with the weathered National Power HKA. Not shelling out for a full rake until the prices drop a bit though!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: njee20 on September 23, 2020, 07:39:21 AM
They look to have done a great job with the weathered National Power HKA. Not shelling out for a full rake until the prices drop a bit though!

Do you mean the "faded" versions?

Because I am still none the wiser as to what condition the other versions are, Rails seem to be one of the few shops that don't list them as "Weathered".

Skyline2uk

crewearpley40

Thanks Monty for the heads up on the 47s. The green one will suit charter train mk1s whilst I love to add a blue one for the mk2s rake

njee20

Quote from: Skyline2uk on September 23, 2020, 07:53:49 AM
Quote from: njee20 on September 23, 2020, 07:39:21 AM

Do you mean the "faded" versions?

Because I am still none the wiser as to what condition the other versions are, Rails seem to be one of the few shops that don't list them as "Weathered".

Skyline2uk

Yes, there's a 'pristine' National Power one (373-811), which incorrectly has TF-25 bogies, there's a 'weathered' National Power one, which is the faded, debranded one (373-812), and there's DB Schenker (373-813). Rails has both NP ones listed as weathered, which is wrong.

Skyline2uk

Yes 373-811 has been the source of my confusion @njee20

Model Railways Direct and Kernow have no mention of "weathered" against this, and the picture suggests "Pristine".

However other shops, like Antics list it as Weathered (and show a 00 image).

It's not the end of the world, but if they are pristine it would make eventually extending my rake (the CJM limited editions from years back) easier.

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations