You never know what will turn up.

Started by Cypherus, May 22, 2016, 07:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

On the theme of building blocks; does anyone else remember a type which consisted of  hard ( I think ceramic) blocks a bit like small red fishermans friends and a water based glue. One made a building by gluing  the bricks together, the when you got fed up with it dropped it in a bowl of water, the glue dissolved and you could start all over again.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bealman

It started with P? I do remember that stuff. Advertised in Meccano Magazine.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Portpatrick

Quote from: railsquid on June 07, 2016, 05:35:10 AM
Wouldn't half a crown just fall off your head? Seems a bit pointless to me.  :hmmm:

When I started buying the Railway Modeller in July 1967, it cost half a crown (12.5p in modern parlance).  That was half a week's pocket money.  The Railway of the month was Portleven a GWR terminus fiddle yard from Dave Howsam - it then went on to win the 1967 RM Cup.

rhysapthomas

Quote from: steve836 on August 16, 2016, 09:46:41 AM
On the theme of building blocks; does anyone else remember a type which consisted of  hard ( I think ceramic) blocks a bit like small red fishermans friends and a water based glue. One made a building by gluing  the bricks together, the when you got fed up with it dropped it in a bowl of water, the glue dissolved and you could start all over again.

I do indeed I remember the set I had a long time ago there were plans for a variety of houses I think and plastic doors and windows which you built into the bricks which had a flour based glue?

steve836

Quote from: rhysapthomas on August 16, 2016, 10:35:53 AM
Quote from: steve836 on August 16, 2016, 09:46:41 AM

I do indeed I remember the set I had a long time ago there were plans for a variety of houses I think and plastic doors and windows which you built into the bricks which had a flour based glue?

Yes, that's the boy!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations