The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Quote from: RichardBattersby on October 04, 2011, 03:11:20 PM
I'd just like to share with you all that I'm having a bad day.

Sorry to hear that Richard, may I suggest you go to the joe section and read some of the jokes there they should give you a laugh at least  :thumbsup:

fisherman

is anyone else totally p*****d off with all the American and Japanese stuff on e Bay????

there is just too much of it!!!
<o({{{<<

poliss

Nope. I collect US N scale. It's not as if it pushes out British outline models.

cloughie

I agree with fisherman :thumbsup:    there is to much stuff on e-bay ???

cloughie
am I there yet

poliss

You mean too much temptation cloughie? :-)

cloughie

temptation to me would be some one selling a full barrel of castle eden for a fiver :D
it would cheer up Mr. Battersby anyway

cloughie
am I there yet

Newportnobby

Quote from: cloughie on October 04, 2011, 04:38:44 PM
temptation to me would be some one selling a full barrel of castle eden for a fiver :D
it would cheer up Mr. Battersby anyway

cloughie

Castle Eden - I haven't supped that in years. Lovely ale :beers:

Newportnobby

Sorry to hear that, Richard - anything particular or just a general blues day.
(Why is it that when we're down we play sad music, or is that just me?)
I've been having a bad few weeks as I'm having to try and make a double figure price increase stick with my customers :(

poliss

I had a good day.

I think it was in 1979.  ::)

RichardBattersby

Quote from: scotsoft on October 04, 2011, 03:16:14 PM

Sorry to hear that Richard, may I suggest you go to the joe section and read some of the jokes there they should give you a laugh at least  :thumbsup:

I made my first tentative steps into he joke section... and I feel revived but also peckish. Not sure how that works. :P I particularly liked the bulldog clip as the beer bookstop type thing. Very good.  :beers:

Cloughie: that certainly would cheer me up, and maybe push me the other way! Will put it on my list of ales to try!  :beers:

Newportnobby: nothing interesting but, yes, something in particular. I'm a final year vet student and I'd say I was more practical than academic and I love surgery. I'm currently seeing practice in York (nice place, nice people, been here before) and I've not done any small animal stuff in months. I'm clearly not as good as I was a couple of months ago and that's really frustrating. I can see the vet thinking "he hasn't improved, he's supposed to be good at surger" and he didn't like the sutures I did today. I know, it's nothing really and I'm being too hard on myself but it's been a week and a half now and I feel a bit like a failure. Just one of those days when you let things get on top of you. Oh, and I ate a load of off coleslaw (by 5 days). It took me a good few mouthfuls to realise that it was 'fizzing' in my mouth. Hoping to keep it down though!  :smiley-laughing:

Poliss: I wasn't born in 1979! Sad to have missed your good day.
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

galway

Poliss: I wasn't born in 1979! Sad to have missed your good day.
[/quote]

Nice one  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

Lawrence

Quote from: fisherman on October 04, 2011, 04:06:55 PM
is anyone else totally p*****d off with all the American and Japanese stuff on e Bay????

there is just too much of it!!!

Unfortunately I cant get any bargains on the Japanese stuff, it all seems to go for crazy prices  :(

longbridge

It stands to reason that there is going to be more American and Japanese models on eBay, the Japanese population is nearly 128 Million and America has 310 Million people so there is going to be one heck of a lot more model railway modellers than the UK with 61 Million residents.

Combined Population of Japan and USA is 438 Million

UK Population 61 Miilion

Feel sorry for the Aussies looking for second hand model railway stuff on eBay, hardly any at all.

Population of Oz 22 Million.

As a side thing a mate that owns a model railway shop in Brisbane Oz calculated that there were probably less than 300 model railway fans that belonged to clubs in that city, no wonder the stuff is scarce.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

R M Williams

But I thought that all 61m in UK do railway modelling!!
Richard

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations