My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on February 04, 2018, 06:57:35 AM
Not the bus stop, but not far from it. Rainbow over bowling club and fleet of alien spacecraft that look like they've just nuked us over to the east (right)  :D

Waiter, I'll have a gram of whatever that gentleman over there is smoking!    :beers:

Bealman

Gerroff! I thought that catching the reflection of the lights was pretty cool  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

While the alien spaceship in the sky, especially after the attack on the bus stop the other day, have been deemed rather worrying by the British Government and the Royal Family, what has arisen as a greater concern to them both, after enlarging the photograph, is that there is a man in Australia playing bowls wearing trainers, shabby shorts and a loud T shirt exposing what looks like numerous tattoos.

Quite frankly, it's just not on and something must be done about it.

Malcolm Turnbull has been informed but the instant reply was 'Lighten up Liz, you pommy cow'  :D.

Cheers for the pic  :beers:

Bealman

The young guy with the tatts is actually a really nice bloke!  :beers:

MinZaPint

View from my bus, well it was local at the time and a good deal warmer than I am now, back home!

be back to Wilts & Dorset this week  :(
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Bealman

Where's that, then? Looks great!  :beers:

MinZaPint

Hi George, on the "Hop on Hop off" bus traveling from Hout Bay North, Cape town part of a fabulous holiday in spite of the drought!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Bealman

Not Victoria Bitter, so not guilty.  :D

Anyway, rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd just post on here that there's a bit of excitement building up in Wollongong (well, the local paper is getting excited) as we are hosting Wigan vs Hull FC at our local stadium on Saturday.

It actually is sort of exciting as it is the first Super League fixture outside of the UK, and there are quite a number of fans here for the event. Good tourist dollar! Coming after Elton John last September it's got to be good for local businesses.

As an added bonus, the stadium is right next to the beach, in a lovely location. For any fans we may have on the forum, it will be televised live, so tune in and see our town and enjoy the game!  :beers:

Webbo

Belongs to one of your friends though George?

Anyway, I can see your chewing gum all over the place.

Bealman

You're a funny man, Ian  ;)

Bealman

Actually a mate of mine who drives buses is driving the Wigan team around for a couple of weeks!  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Quote from: Bealman on February 06, 2018, 06:18:04 AM
Actually a mate of mine who drives buses is driving the Wigan team around for a couple of weeks!  :thumbsup:

For those remotely interested, Wigan 24 Hull 10.

A gate of about 12000, with quite a number of Brit's in the crowd, apparently.

railsquid

Unusually high number of goals there, or is it the sport with the pointy-ended ball?

In local bus stop news, the other week I and the Squidlet were heading for the local bus to Mitaka station (which as far as the Squidlet is concerned is the focal point of all train-related travel) when we happened upon the aftermath of a collision between a small white sports car and the Other Bus (which goes past the hospital where the Squidlet was hatched but is otherwise of No Interest) and the Squidlet is still jabbering on about it ("white car bwoken! bus bwoken!").

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

I hope no one was hurt. I'm assuming not!

Saturday's game here was Rugby League. League is very big here in NSW. This was the first Super League game played outside the UK.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations