Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinZaPint

Very sorry to hear your news George, I enjoy your postings particularly your travelogues, look after yourself.
Best wishes
David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

silly moo

So sorry to hear that, as the others have said, health first. A long flight wouldn't do a semi healed ankle any good so better safe than sorry.

Start planning the 2020 visit and run lots of trains while you recuperate.

Snowwolflair

They are experimenting in the UK with leaches to promote healing and blood flow reinstatement in this sort of case.  Might be worth asking about.

dannyboy

So sorry to hear that George. I was feeling a bit sorry for myself as my prostate has been 'playing up' again over the last 10 days or so - news like that tends to put things into perspective. I hope things do not turn out for the worse and the ankle heals as it should, but I like your spirit - "That's not going to happen":beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Malc

Sorry to hear your sad news, George. I was looking forward to a meet up and maybe a few beers. But as others have said, better safe than sorry and get well soon.
Funnily enough, I thought of you this afternoon. I went on a visit to the Heads of Steam museum at the North Road Station in Darlington and saw this.
We had a chat about it on another thread.

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

port perran

So sorry to hear your news George.
Stay positive, I'm sure that things will improve in the near future.
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Thanks, folks!  :beers:

Basically the bad infection in the hospital is the culprit. Some crucial hardware still hasn't got new bone attached to it, hence immobility boot and pain.

Anyway, Malc, good old Locomotion is in better nick than it would have been left where it was!

Oh, one more unhappy note, though.... the compressor at the club sprung a leak last night. No more tap beer until Monday at least!  :'(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Philip.

Not sure where to put this, but, went to watch my future son-in-law play cricket today, 10 miles away. Got there for 1pm, game started at 1.30pm, back home by 3.30pm. It didn't go well  :o :o :o :o

port perran

Quote from: Philipp on June 16, 2019, 04:44:36 PM
Not sure where to put this, but, went to watch my future son-in-law play cricket today, 10 miles away. Got there for 1pm, game started at 1.30pm, back home by 3.30pm. It didn't go well  :o :o :o :o

Sounds like son in law's side were bowled out for not very many!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Philip.

Quote from: port perran on June 16, 2019, 05:12:45 PM

Sounds like son in law's side were bowled out for not very many!

28  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Could have been worse. Depending on your opinion of your son-in-law that could have ended up in the Angry thread or the Happy thread ;D

Philip.

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 16, 2019, 05:39:20 PM

Could have been worse. Depending on your opinion of your son-in-law that could have ended up in the Angry thread or the Happy thread ;D
I think the world of him, and he did score 4 of the 28 so the unhappy thread [for the team] seemed more appropriate, I think  :D

guest311

at least he's playing real cricket, not on a phone or something-pad  ::)

joe cassidy

So you spent 1h30 in a deck chair drinking beer ?

Always look on the bright side of life  :beers:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 20, 2019, 02:33:10 PM
Huzzah!
Finally got the above mentioned chappie round and he can get a couple of his guys to me next week. He appears to know his stuff and talked me through what was needed. All access is from the outside so no dismantling required, and all for the cost of an N gauge loco :)

Well the chap was going to phone me last Thursday or Friday to let me know when it could be fixed this week. Needless to say the weekend came and went without a call so I phoned his landline and left a message on Monday night. Still nothing heard from him so this morning I called his mobile from my landline which costs me money (I'm a tight wad but get free anytime calls to landlines) and, lo and behold, got to him straight away. After many feeble excuses I now have (supposedly) 2 guys coming round at 07.45 tomorrow morning to cure the leak in the mancave.
More news as it comes off the telex machine.........................

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations