Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest10040

Quote from: Papyrus on July 05, 2022, 09:37:44 AM
Why not rechargeable batteries? You could just plug yourself in for a couple of hours while you watch TV of an evening...

I shudder to think where the socket would be fitted  :*(

Newportnobby

Quote from: Redcap244 on July 05, 2022, 10:05:49 AM
Why not rechargeable batteries? You could just plug yourself in for a couple of hours while you watch TV of an evening...

You'd shudder!! I reckon I'd do more than shudder :worried:

steve836

Good luck Mick. I've got an op. too on the 14th. Following surgery in 2019 I got a cough and started to come apart at the seams so the surgeon is going to cut me open and stick some wire netting in to reinforce the join.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

Hope that all goes well for you, Steve.
Luckily this defibrillator has never been triggered as it's an instant loss of driving licence for a year :uneasy:

Graham

The technology is there, my wife has a TENS machine in her spine to stop pain, that has an induction charging system, which she charges about every 5 days.

Bob G

Quote from: steve836 on July 05, 2022, 10:41:57 AM
Good luck Mick. I've got an op. too on the 14th. Following surgery in 2019 I got a cough and started to come apart at the seams so the surgeon is going to cut me open and stick some wire netting in to reinforce the join.
Make sure it is titanium, otherwise you might end up with a magnetic personality  :smiley-laughing:

Bob G

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 05, 2022, 11:14:21 AM
Luckily this defibrillator has never been triggered as it's an instant loss of driving licence for a year :uneasy:
Says the man who just got a nearly new Qashqai!!!!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob G on July 05, 2022, 11:17:16 AM

Quote from: Graham on July 05, 2022, 11:15:46 AM

The technology is there, my wife has a TENS machine in her spine to stop pain, that has an induction charging system, which she charges about every 5 days.

No external electrical devices allowed for me so TENS machine or that thing Beefy and Eamon Holmes advertise to electrically stimulate your legs are verboten. Likewise, jacuzzis are off limits.
I can, however, sit in a bath and fart.........................................carefully!

Quote from: Bob G on July 05, 2022, 11:17:16 AM

Yeah, it had better not go off when they temporarily disconnect it!!! :worried:

Bob G

Lets face it Mick, you have to choose where you get your thrills now.
Jacuzzis are out, but N gauge might just be the only safe thing left for you  :smiley-laughing:
I certainly would steer clear of DCC. That is almost as dangerous as a Jacuzzi.
Bob

Snowwolflair

Tell them to fit a DCC chip it will give you 28 new functions  :goggleeyes: >:D :D

joe cassidy

DCC with sound please  ;)

guest10040

HB says please do not include "steal HB's Bonios" as an optional function  :-[

guest10040

Quote from: Snowwolflair on July 05, 2022, 12:21:39 PM
Tell them to fit a DCC chip it will give you 28 new functions  :goggleeyes: >:D :D

as Mick keeps telling us, he's a Luddite.

so I think he has enough trouble with the functions he already has ...
including moderating my posts  :-[

28 more could definitely overload his dodgy ticker  :-[

zwilnik

Brain in 'practical' mode here.. If you wore a light chainmail vest, wouldn't that work as a Faraday cage and protect you from any external electrical influence?

guest10040

Quote from: zwilnik on July 05, 2022, 12:41:27 PM

Brain in 'practical' mode here.. If you wore a light chainmail vest, wouldn't that work as a Faraday cage and protect you from any external electrical influence?

and set off any / every metal detector within range, resulting in tons of robo cops having to leave their coffee and doughnuts and leap into their BMW 4x4s to respond  >:D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations