Test Track

Started by Alex, February 01, 2014, 04:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Hi,

This afternoon I have been building a small test track that I can use in the house, so I don't need to keep going out to the shed to test stuff.

It's a simple oval, well it was until I decided to add some points and sidings for my engineering works.

I don't have a place in the new layout for the works so I decided to use it on the test track. I also got the Fife County Freight rolling stock out to give it a test run. When I initially got into American N Gauge I bought a load of Burlington Northern stock as I like the green/white/black livery. When I did my own private railway I chose green and white so it would blend in with the BN stock.

The engine is a GP40 ex-Santa Fe and the rolling stock is mainly repainted BN stock.

The test track will get the scenery done and various other bits and pieces done to it.

Alex  :wave:

Malc

I must admit to having one or three Burlington Northern logos. I too took a fancy to the Green livery. Then again, I do like the yellow bonnet and War Bonnet Santa Fe F7s, so I have a few of those. However, running the California Zephyr, I need a few.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

scotsoft

Did you not start an indoors layout a couple of years ago Alex?

One of the positives about having extra track is you can do what you have done with having to wait on the postman  :D

I am looking forward to seeing this progress and at the rate you work at it will probably bee finished by next weekend  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Alex

I did have a test track last year but I was short of track and it was taken up and used on the layout.  ;D

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations