2 Lancaster Bombers flying together in Scotland today

Started by mark100, September 06, 2014, 12:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark100

Well its all quiet down ere on the Farm, Gareth has buggered off up to Ayr to see a Vulcan and a pair of Lancasters whizzing round at some airshow, so if you live on the West Coast of Scotland your going to be in for a treat today, because the 2nd Lanc has come all the way from Canada and is apparently in the UK untill the Canadians want it back.

Selfish git >:D didnt even ask any of the other family members if they wanted to go as well, but anyway, we will be having a quiet barbeque later on.  :claphappy:  :beers:

You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Bob Tidbury

Might be a bit disappointed the Canadian one failed to appear at the Hove show last weekend don't know if theve fixed it yet.
Bob

The Cuckoo

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on September 06, 2014, 01:57:17 PM
Might be a bit disappointed the Canadian one failed to appear at the Hove show last weekend don't know if theve fixed it yet.
Bob

It is fixed. I think it just didn't want to leave the North East  ;)

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11450592.Repaired_Lancaster_leaves_region_____five_days_later_than_planned/?ref=var_0

Tank

Both failed to appear for RAF Kenley a few weeks ago.  Gutted.  :(  Hope they keep flying for everyone else to see. :thumbsup:

PaulCheffus

Hi

We were lucky as they both flew over our house the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend followed later by the Red Arrows. They were on their way back from Strubby.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Wayne 56089

Both grounded at Conningsby today, didn't fly due to the weather. Hoping to fly them up there tomorrow.

mark100

Quote from: Wayne 56089 on September 06, 2014, 03:10:24 PM
Both grounded at Conningsby today, didn't fly due to the weather. Hoping to fly them up there tomorrow.
:claphappy: :laughabovepost: :D :bounce: he drove all the way from leics as well  :laugh: :laugh3:

Maurits71

As I feel sorry for you all guys, a few pics taken from my garden 2 weeks ago

Hills and Meadows on social media

For Hills and Meadows video channel please click here

For Hills and Meadows on facebook please click here

mark100

jonclox

We had the Vulcan  pass overhead during Farnborough Air Show  and about a week later heard 1st and then saw the Lancaster passing a couple of miles north of us
I would loved to have seen both Lancs. together
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

NeMo

Where I lived as a young boy we weren't far from RAF Northolt and used to have the Battle of Britain Flight  come over the house now and again. The sound of the Merlin engines was very distinctive. I do believe both the Spits and the Lancs had the Merlin engines (though perhaps of different sorts?).

It's kind of sad that the young people I work with won't recognise that sound. But of course I can only imagine what it was like to hear when these aircraft were flying "in anger" rather than just for fun!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

DWS

Looking forward to seeing the Lancasters flying over Holmfirth tomorrow (Sunday) and the weather forecast is looking good  :thumbsup:
Midsomer Magna - A fictional station in the West Country.

Wayne 56089

The thing I find amazing is it was the same man that designed the lancaster and vulcan and there was only 8 or 9 years between them.

MikeDunn

Donkeys years ago, before Nissan's car plant was a dream let alone anything else, I was on Bunny Hill watching the Sunderland Air Show at the airport when the Vulcan came over, undercarriage down ...  Scared the crap outa everyone, it was so low & loud !  They tried a test landing, but the field was just too short :(  When they got the plane, they had to land her in Newcastle & send her along by road ...

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations