Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrb

Not terribly exciting for everyone else, but quite exciting for me - I've just bought my first rolling stock since probably the early nineties:

[smg id=33065 type=preview align=none caption="IMAG1281"]

[smg id=33066 type=preview align=none caption="IMAG1282"]

The vans are exactly the same moulding as the ones I used to have, I'm sure!

Bealman

They are. I have several of those Worthington ones dating back to the early 80s.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MalcolmInN

chorleysteve

Quote from: Railwaygun on December 15, 2015, 12:48:06 AM
This is my new GF N class loco in action

[smg id=32982 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

Contrary to rumour, there are bargains out there!

looks really good with the WW1 tanks

paulprice

Well I managed to snagged a bargain off the old fleabay system, well at least I think its a bargain. For a mere £40 I managed to get another old style Duchess to add to my collection.

After stripping the locomotive down to give it a good clean, it now runs as sweet at a nut, the only problem is, and I don't know why anyone would do this but its been painted in a horrible BR livery, the poor old girl.

So the next decision I have to make is to decide which decent LMS livery to paint here into and if I should attempt a semi???

Luke Piewalker

Did someone call?

Unfortunately LMS wise you only have the 1947 Black livery like I did (Semi) which it got after de-streamlining, followed by BR Express Blue (Semi), BR Green (Semi and Un) then the BR Maroon (un) like what you have.
Unless you made it NOT a Duchess of Hamilton... but where's the logic in that!

paulprice

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on December 20, 2015, 08:24:36 PM
Did someone call?

Unfortunately LMS wise you only have the 1947 Black livery like I did (Semi) which it got after de-streamlining, followed by BR Express Blue (Semi), BR Green (Semi and Un) then the BR Maroon (un) like what you have.
Unless you made it NOT a Duchess of Hamilton... but where's the logic in that!

As my old physics Don use to say, logic, logic where is the fun in that, I think a new identity may be required.

N-Gauge-US

I got a good bit of my Christmas presents yesterday :) I added an A2 and a Siphon to my collection, as well as a new station and some Noch cattle. All are on show below :)

The A2 and Siphon together at the station :)
[smg id=33145 type=preview align=center caption="A2 and Siphon at New station"]

The A2
[smg id=33146 type=preview align=center caption="A2"]

The Cows, the farmer and the Vet!
[smg id=33147 type=preview align=center caption="Cattle"]

A little more prototypical....
[smg id=33148 type=preview align=center caption="Pannier, B Set and Siphon"]

And one more ;)
[smg id=33149 type=preview align=center caption="Pannier, B Set and Siphon 2"]

-A Happy Camper
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

daveg

Great prezzies!  :thumbsup:

I treated myself to the B set this week, too.

The A2 isn't my region but it's certainly a looker.

The Metcalfe station is a nice kit and you've made a good job of it by the looks of things.

Dave G

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: daveg on December 21, 2015, 07:46:22 AM
Great prezzies!  :thumbsup:

I treated myself to the B set this week, too.

The A2 isn't my region but it's certainly a looker.

The Metcalfe station is a nice kit and you've made a good job of it by the looks of things.

Dave G

Thanks very much, Dave! I certainly thought they were good presents :) And I really like the metcalfe station :) I haven't weathered it yet or done any of the edge work. I like to look at it for a while and see which bits annoy me so that I make sure I get them!
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

GeeBee

My Christmas Pressie from my lovely wife

Never been run but loco has been chipped and all for £70 Great

:claphappy:  :claphappy:

jrb

Bought the 'Depot Master' set today, and got a nice 04 to perform shunting duties on my tiny layout:

[smg id=33179 type=preview align=none caption=]

I really am amazed at the level of detail in the newer models compared to the Farish locos I had in my youth. I'd been running round the little oval to run it in for 30 mins before I even noticed it had the '4th axle' (don't know what it should be called!) behind the steps under the cab!

I also got 4 more Peco wagons, bringing me up to the magic 8 needed for the shunting puzzle. Here's 3 of them:

[smg id=33180 type=preview align=none caption=]

railsquid

Quote from: Only Me on December 22, 2015, 07:49:07 AM
DP1 a little further West than usual stops at Tormouth to take on Fuel after running an empty train of Sealions to the Ballast depot further south
Is the NRM loaning out the National Collection for spot hire service these days?!  :goggleeyes:

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

Very nice work ,but I think Elf & Safety would have somthing to say about that ladder ,and I don't think you would get me to use it.
Merry Christmas Paul.
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations