Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

Quote from: austinbob on June 29, 2015, 05:24:46 PM
Quote from: talisman56 on June 29, 2015, 12:16:45 AM
A certain SR loco arrived recently and this evening had an opportunity to get it run in and do a little passenger run on the test circuit...

How does yours run? I was really impressed with mine without even running it in. That's still something I'm looking forward to - with a pint in one hand and controller in th other... :D

It's very smooth, and was easy running even with 6 coaches behind, but can't judge the noise aspect as the test board construction isn't exactly noise reducing...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Hyperion

Quote from: newportnobby on June 29, 2015, 03:53:07 PM
Like yours, mine runs very smoothly but is also relatively noisy. I think the noise emanates mainly from the tender so maybe it echoes around :hmmm:

Yes I did notice it was mostly the tender. Might have to fit some DCC sound to drown it out.
DC or DCC, that is the question.

marco neri

Hi all,
Just arrived today the HST First Great Western purchased from forum member  "ohlavache" .....big positive feedback..

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

scotsoft

You can't beat an HST  :NGaugersRule:

I have the Grand Central set  :heart2:

cheers John.

keithfre

Quote from: talisman56 on June 29, 2015, 12:16:45 AM
A certain SR loco arrived recently and this evening had an opportunity to get it run in and do a little passenger run on the test circuit...
I'm curious to know if the smoke deflectors are properly modelled as thin sheets, or whether they're just a bulge in the body as on the old GF model.

portland-docks

my spam can is unfortunatly heading back to bachmann after what was a successful exhibition with it!

even though i have removed the nameplate and renumbered it, they have accepted to do the repairs anyways!

problem with mine was it would work perfectly in reverse, but move forward so far before stopping completley and no matter what you tried wouldnt continue.

disassembled to find nothing out of the ordinary, and find putting it back together even hard especially when small parts started going "ping" all over the shop!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

marco neri

Quote from: scotsoft on June 30, 2015, 01:24:03 PM
You can't beat an HST  :NGaugersRule:

I have the Grand Central set  :heart2:

cheers John.

..Yeah,
I like HST....tomorrow I will post  pics of my little fleet..

Marco

paulprice

I must admit I am tempted to but a HST in the original livery, for nostalgic reasons of course

ChrisWV10

Couldn't resist the new Jinty in LMS black...

C. :)

marco neri

My little HST 125 fleet ready to departures from Narnia Central:
the GC destination South Umbria/Capital (Rome)
the Virgin going to Mid-Umbria Airport Terminal (near Assisi)
the FGw to Interamna Naharti industrial district...

greetings form Narnia

Ditape

[smg id=26606 type=full align=center caption="1"]

With the threat of redundancy put off for the time being, I purchased a dcc fitted GF class 14 off ebay for £70.
Diane Tape

Newportnobby

Glad to hear redundancy is not on the cards at present, Di, and pleased you've given Teddy a home :thumbsup:

Bob Tidbury

NeMo

Purchases via Bristolmar...

BR 132 electric locomotive from Fleischmann. Know absolutely nothing about what this model is meant to be (any info appreciated) but thought it looked very cute. Once under the catenary on my new layout it really does look nice. Total Rule No. 1 purchase for a layout nominally set in 1980s London, but there you go!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Webbo

Quote from: ChrisWV10 on July 01, 2015, 08:48:10 AM
Couldn't resist the new Jinty in LMS black...

C. :)

I received my Jinty in the post yesterday and it really is a little gem. It is surprisingly heavy for its size which ought to translate into relatively good traction. Seems to run OK at the moment and gets across my points without undue fuss. The real test will be how it performs after its run-in period. This makes the number of British locos I own to four. The Jinty detail is at least as good as that on my North American locos and with its coreless motor I'm hoping its performance will be up there as well.

Webbo

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations