Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Quote from: whiteswan on May 19, 2014, 04:25:04 PM
Quote from: jivebunny on May 19, 2014, 03:58:06 PM
whilst I wait for my 665 sq. ft. railway room to be ready for action  :D
JB

OMG, a railway room to die for.   :envy: :envy:

Oh wow! My whole house is only 1200 odd!  :goggleeyes:

Lovely loco BTW  ;)

Dave G

johnlambert

My local model shop had this Graham Farish 374-012C BR Mk1 Second Open coach in weathered maroon.  Running number is W4912 - nice to see a Western Region Mk1 coach that's not Chocolate and Cream.

The weathering looks more prominent in the photo than in real life

Tim.hynd

So after reading about all the Farish price increases, I too headed off to my favourite online dealer to place a few pre orders. Unfortunately for my credit card, I also found myself placing these little beauty's into my basket.

Graham Farish Class J39
Dapol Class 22
9 x Dapol Blue Spot fish vans

And to back up a couple of other posts...ordered from Hattons on Friday 16th May, received Monday 19th...great service!

All I need to do now is build a layout to run them on!  :-[
In life you cannot always choose what you do, but you can always choose how you do it!

Londonthorpe - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=21944.msg224765

Londonthorpe planning - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=21398.msg218718

scotsoft

Quote from: Tim.hynd on May 20, 2014, 10:06:57 PM
All I need to do now is build a layout to run them on!  :-[

Meanwhile you could layout two ovals of track just to test that everything is working  :angel:  ;)

cheers John.

Tim.hynd

Quote from: scotsoft on May 20, 2014, 10:38:51 PM

Meanwhile you could layout two ovals of track just to test that everything is working

I thought about that this afternoon John but I decided cutting and drilling the frame was more important, although only slightly! I'm so close to having my baseboard constructed that I'm going to try and wait till the end of the week! Cannot wait though!  :D
In life you cannot always choose what you do, but you can always choose how you do it!

Londonthorpe - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=21944.msg224765

Londonthorpe planning - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=21398.msg218718

steve836

[smg id=12580 type=preview align=center caption="002 (2)"]
a Beyer-Garrett kit --Only regret I haven't got £200 to spare for the ready made one in the forum.
[smg id=12581 type=preview align=center caption="001 (2)"]
a second hand Farish black 5 which is destined to become half the power source for the afore mentioned kit, shown here having happily hauled 13 coaches round my layout. Two regrets :- 1 ive got to dismantle it!   2 my modern Farish black 5 struggles with 6 -  Why oh why couldn't they have just brought the old one up to scratch aesthetically?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

MattJ

Quote from: steve836 on May 22, 2014, 03:48:39 PMa second hand Farish black 5 which is destined to become half the power source for the afore mentioned kit, shown here having happily hauled 13 coaches round my layout. Two regrets :- 1 ive got to dismantle it!   2 my modern Farish black 5 struggles with 6 -  Why oh why couldn't they have just brought the old one up to scratch aesthetically?

Seems a bit of a shame... could you order a motor, gears etc from some spares supplier?
They're there for their tea.

steve836

It is a shame but the Garrett kit requires two of the old style Farish black 5 chassis, one of which has to be turned front to back .
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

mickeyflinn

NGS Lowmac kit from York MRS, with Oxford Diecast tractor and chains from N'Tastic Shop from Bamber Bridge meet-up.

stevieboy

Thought I'd beat the price rises as I'm not paying £9 for a 16T wagon. I did want to take my rake up to 50 or so for the WD to pull but I'm stopping at 37 now.

10 x 16T BR Grey Wagons.  Also managed to get 3 x SK's and 2 x BCK's at the 'old' price of around £16-£17.

johnlambert

From the Railex show in Aylesbury

Two Peco 16 Ton weathered mineral wagons in bauxite:

A Dapol Southern Region CCT and Graham Farish BR Mk1 BG:

Finally, not a loco or rolling stock but an interesting item; a 1963 BR timetable.

kaiwhara

Should stick mine in here (already posted in another thread).

One arrived, two more to come. I feel some 450 conversions coming on...
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Newportnobby

Quote from: johnlambert on May 24, 2014, 09:48:44 PM

Finally, not a loco or rolling stock but an interesting item; a 1963 BR timetable.

I bet the timetable cost you more than 5 bob :D

johnlambert

Quote from: newportnobby on May 25, 2014, 03:23:10 AM
Quote from: johnlambert on May 24, 2014, 09:48:44 PM

I bet the timetable cost you more than 5 bob :D

Possibly, it was £1, which is technically more.  But adjusting for inflation I think it was a very reasonable price. ;)  :beers:

scotrail

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations