Hi all,
The Blue Pullman was unique.
Having a six car o gauge set, which I sold
with all my o gauge layout and other stock,
to convert to n gauge recently it would be nice
to get a set in n gauge.
Based at Wolverhanpton Stafford Road, when
working on the footplate, I had the pleasure
of being on them in there short life based there.
Along with Western class 52's being mixed with
the one and only KING'S.
Wonderfull times I will always remmber.
Will wait to see what the Pullman's are like
as I do like some detail to be correct for an
expensive item.
Mike

Newportnobby

Quote from: captainelectra on October 14, 2011, 07:39:07 PM
I'll only get one if they do it in Network SouthEast  ;)

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: Only in your dreams Adam (and Tank) :sleep:

Sithlord75

Quote from: bluedepot on October 14, 2011, 06:39:43 PM
2 hst power cars and 2 coaches is £130
6 mk3 coaches is probably £90 or more, so call it £220+ for a train.

a new class 47 would be about £65, +7 mk2s would be about £90, so £155 for a train.

anyway as has been said, the blue pullman vehicles are more specific than mk2 or mk3 coaches...

i'm not really bothered about having a blue pullman, i never saw one in real life and none are preserved...

tim

The HST is a more reasonable guess than the 47 and Mk2s - the Mk2s are a bit old to say the least!  The Dapol HST is up to scratch - and if the BP comes with lighting, add a few quid for the lighting kit from Dapol for the Mk3s.
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Pengi

This makes the eight car Eurostar (£150) great value for money (although it is 1:160 scale) - particularly considering the quality of its motor. Would still like a Blue Pullman though.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Sailor Charon

Well, I'll probably be getting one. And no, it won't get repainted :)
I just keep trying to get a little better
Said a little better than before

M-Massacre

I cant wiat for this train to come out all ill need then is a prototype HST and the heritage line on my layout will look stunning.

poliss

Contrary to popular belief, the Blue Pullman has no connection whatsoever with the Class 43 HST apart from a superficial resemblance.

Newportnobby

Quote from: M-Massacre on October 22, 2011, 01:14:08 PM
I cant wiat for this train to come out all ill need then is a prototype HST and the heritage line on my layout will look stunning.

I'm already in talks with the Bank regarding getting one. I just hope Farish remember the LMR 6 car versions were all 1st Class, whereas the WR 8 car ones were mixed class. If they are logical they will bring out a 6 car 1st class set along with separate 2nd class carriages to enable us to make up the 8 car version, thus killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Why do I have the feeling they won't think like that?? :-\

M-Massacre

Quote from: poliss on October 22, 2011, 04:02:45 PM
Contrary to popular belief, the Blue Pullman has no connection whatsoever with the Class 43 HST apart from a superficial resemblance.

this it true but lets face it i think certainly atleast for British outline the Blue Pullman has been the true prototype for all highspeed public traction on our rails

BernardTPM

Quote from: newportnobby on October 22, 2011, 04:30:35 PM
If they are logical they will bring out a 6 car 1st class set along with separate 2nd class carriages to enable us to make up the 8 car version, thus killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
Unfortunately it's not as simple as that as only the two middle Parlour Firsts are the same on WR & LMER sets. The WR Kitchen cars are similar, but don't have the powered bogie at one end (which means the window that's narrowed on the LMR version on one side to allow for the cooling vents is wider on the WR version) while the WR driving cars have three second class bays (plus roller blind destination indicators) rather than the LMR's two first class and toilet. With two 6-car sets, plastic card, determination and care it should be possible to create a WR set, but it won't be a 5 minute job. Nor cheap!

Newportnobby

Oh Sh*t! Thanks very much Bernard for enlightening me. :thumbsup: It's not what I wanted to hear but is very comprehensive.
I don't tend to dwell on detail and probably anyone who would see one on my layout would not notice either. If I run a rake of coaches, for example, I know full well it is not prototypically correct but if it looks OK overall, it does for me. In the same way I will have block trains full of vans or coal wagons all with the same running numbers. As it is overall impression I'm after, I dare say I can escape the pain you describe :o

BernardTPM

Certainly the difference in the Kitchen car body is pretty minimal and, as the two would be opposite ways round in a set, only one anomaly would be visible at a time and I reckon that swapping bogies between a couple of coaches shouldn't present too much trouble. Your real problem is the Driving Second coaches and the Parlour Seconds where the windows are more obviously different. If you're going for the original blue with white window area livery it may be possible to rework the bodysides by replacing just the white areas. Still not easy, but at least there's a colour break to hide the join. If done really carefully it should be possible to avoid a repaint by inserting new white window areas. If you want to go down this route at least you'll have a couple of spare power car ends to practice on!
The destination blind window could easily be done as a transfer, the real ones were virtually flush with just a thin rubber bead. You don't really need to see through them as they were only there to display the blind.
Don't forget that in later years the LMR sets were transferred to the Western, though I think that was after they received all-over yellow ends (but still had the original blue/white livery) and some rather clumsy jumper cables.

Newportnobby

Thanks again, Bernard. It looks as if I may have to re-open negotiations but for 2 units this time. Doh!
I guess we'll have to see what Farish intend to release, but I think the earlier I weave this precarious path the smoother it may be later :angel:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations