Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebnoswal and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

NeMo

Just for fun I wheeled out all the diesel-hydraulics I have (except a German V200) including my new Dapol 'Western'. Given that just a few years ago there were really only two ready to run models, the venerable Minitrix 'Warship' and the somewhat more modern Farish 'Western', the turnabout in the quality and diversity is amazing! Apart from the D600 'Warships', there's a good, modern, ready to run version of all the British diesel-hydraulics.

Now, I wonder how long before the British AC electrics are as well represented?

Cheers, NeMo

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

AC

Here's a photo of my purchase from MRD on Friday that I said I would put in here.

From top to bottom, left to right; 374-189B BSK Brake Second Corridor, 374-014A SO Second Open, 374-109 RMB Mini Buffet Car, 374-818 FO First Open, 374-082 BCK Brake Corridor Composite, 374-810 RFO Restaurant First Open and 374-038 BG Full Brake. Then finally in the bottom right is Dapol 2F-031-001 6 Wheel Milk Tanker United Dairies.

My current plan is to mostly use them as a rake consisting of; BSK, SO, RMB, FO, BCK.

I was looking at the RU Restaurant Car (374-117A) to go with the RFO (possibly parked up alongside the platform as I've seen something similar done at a preserved railway somewhere before), but the RU just has the details printed on, so not sure it would like quite right with the more detailed RFO right beside it when they aren't moving.

Does anyone know if there were plans to release a more detailed RU in chocolate and cream? There seems to be a couple in different liveries that are Blue Riband branded, but not in chocolate and cream.
My NGF Layout Thread: Stanley Yard; a Model Railway in a Toolbox
My NGF Workbench Thread: AC's Occasional Modelling Thread

My Modelling Blog (Multiple Scales): AC's Miscellaneous Model Mixture Blog
My Old Website: AC's Stuff

johnlambert

Nice selection of coaches AC.  I've got most of those and they look very impressive when marshalled into a train.

CarriageShed

I'm contemplating buying a Graham Farish BR late crest 0-6-0 Fowler so that it can be renumbered and relettered into a late S&DJR freight loco. I blame you lot for making the renumbering process look so easy, as I've never done it myself.  ;)

trainsdownunder

2 new Fox Valley additions to my growing Heritage Fleet. Decoders to be fitted yet, but nice smooth movers under DC.

[smg id=7205]

[smg id=7206]

scotsoft

Quote from: trainsdownunder on September 30, 2013, 12:44:06 AM
2 new Fox Valley additions to my growing Heritage Fleet. Decoders to be fitted yet, but nice smooth movers under DC.

I like both of them very much and it is weird seeing the five stripes on the heritage but good to see  ;)

I have the five stripes on my Pennsylvania GG1 and E8's  :heart2:

Thank you for posting your pictures Colin  :claphappy:

cheers John.

texhorse

I have Nickel Plate and Pennsy Heritage units as well.  I'm just waiting for my Erie Heritage unit to arrive from Fifer Hobby Supply in New Mexico.  I always think the Pennsy colours are similar to the old streamlined LMS Coronation colours from the 1930s.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Claude Dreyfus

Two packages have arrived after some disruption; combination of customs, me on holiday and a fire at work meaning I am stuck in a disaster recovery site!

The first from Hobby Search is a Kato EF64-1000 for Yamanouchi Oshika. I always thought the Chuo line only had the earlier EF64s until I saw a YouTube video with a brace of these on a container train! Only one for the moment, but at about £37.00 before postage etc. another may arrive before the layout goes to Wycrail in November...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10080323a/20/1

The second is a Kato DD13 for Kanjiyama. A lovely little model...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10219132a/20/1

Ideal to help out on the third-sector line, with plenty of character to add to the interest.

Brooksy

Here are the results of my bargain hunting:

[smg id=7230]

A class 60 in petroleum sector livery and a 66 in Fastline - both for less £100 - well I'm happy!  :bounce:  :bounce:

Excellent service and fast dispatch from Kernow models I might add.  :claphappy:

One thing: after running in, I found that the class 60 was about 15% slower at the same controller setting than the 66 - is this expected? They are both Farish models. The 60 still has plenty of chug though!

More photos on layout thread in due course.

trainsdownunder

Quote from: texhorse on September 30, 2013, 05:33:48 PM
I have Nickel Plate and Pennsy Heritage units as well.  I'm just waiting for my Erie Heritage unit to arrive from Fifer Hobby Supply in New Mexico.  I always think the Pennsy colours are similar to the old streamlined LMS Coronation colours from the 1930s.

Andy

Hopefully will have a Heritage "Katy" in the next couple of weeks. Then maybe the Erie Lakawanna.

steam-driven boy

Hi,
Quote from: trainsdownunder on September 30, 2013, 11:17:16 PM
Quote from: texhorse on September 30, 2013, 05:33:48 PM

Andy

Hopefully will have a Heritage "Katy" in the next couple of weeks. Then maybe the Erie Lakawanna.
The 'Katy' is irresistible  :thumbsup: fortunately  :doh:  the UP Heritage units were far fewer in number, so I managed justifying to myself scraping together enough monies for them:
[smg id=1826]
[smg id=1825]
The NS is another matter and 'common sense'  ::) has had to prevail - even though I too await an Erie example I've had to pass - at least for now - on the Lackawanna  :'( as I had to allow for other priorities - maybe I'll pick one up when funds have recovered...

Regards, Gerry  8)
...being a bear of very little brain...

scotsoft

This would be a fine collection to have  ;)

cheers John.

steam-driven boy

Hi John,
Quote from: scotsoft on October 01, 2013, 12:07:35 PM
This would be a fine collection to have  ;)
cheers John.
That way lies madness (as opposed to Madness, whose entertainments should be embraced at every opportunity  ;) ), or at least a very empty stomach and no roof to keep a layout under methinks  :hmmm:

Regards, Gerry  8)
...being a bear of very little brain...

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: steam-driven boy on October 01, 2013, 01:38:06 PM
or at least a very empty stomach and no roof to keep a layout under methinks  :hmmm:

A garden layout! Problem solved :D

texhorse

Hi Gerry, I also have the UP Heritage locos as well, although my SP one is currently out of service.... :'(

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations