URL please

Started by petercharlesfagg, June 22, 2013, 07:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharlesfagg

I need to know how to go about fitting NEM pockets to ANY rolling stock.

I have tried a search but perhaps there is something on the 'net that is succinct in the descriptions?

Regards, Peter.

PS I should have added that I have purchased a Dapol pack/20 conversion NEM pockets!
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

d-a-n

http://www.dapol.co.uk/images/file/NEM%20Instructions.pdf

I am going to embark on this and have made a crude shopping list. The information I have seen so far indicates that you will be removing the normal coupling and spring from the box and then cutting it out with a razor saw and filing it down. You will probably do well to remove the axle nearest the conversion end. Then glue the NEM pocket to the chassis of the wagon, using the little block which tests that the pocket is at the correct height. This requires you to have the wagon mounted on some track. It seems to be that you may need to make up some shims so a file will also come in handy. I'll do a step by step when I've done it.
I did also look into just paying someone to do it for me, no-one does as far as I could tell a few months ago - this seems to be a gap in the market...

H

The Dapol coupler pack I had - with the special multi jig/tool - included full and good instructions for fitting them. Also see pics in article in N'spirations11.

H.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: d-a-n on June 22, 2013, 07:54:54 PM
http://www.dapol.co.uk/images/file/NEM%20Instructions.pdf

I am going to embark on this and have made a crude shopping list. The information I have seen so far indicates that you will be removing the normal coupling and spring from the box and then cutting it out with a razor saw and filing it down. You will probably do well to remove the axle nearest the conversion end. Then glue the NEM pocket to the chassis of the wagon, using the little block which tests that the pocket is at the correct height. This requires you to have the wagon mounted on some track. It seems to be that you may need to make up some shims so a file will also come in handy. I'll do a step by step when I've done it.
I did also look into just paying someone to do it for me, no-one does as far as I could tell a few months ago - this seems to be a gap in the market...

Thankyou and I look forward to viewing your progress.

The instructions that come with the kit is very comprehensive but I would just appreciate more seeing it actually done, before I commit my old eyes to donning the magnifying glasses!

Regards, Peter.

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: H on June 22, 2013, 09:27:21 PM
The Dapol coupler pack I had - with the special multi jig/tool - included full and good instructions for fitting them. Also see pics in article in N'spirations11.

H.

Thankyou, it appears that I have purchased the coNEM pocket pack and NOT the actual conversion kit.

I will look at my issue of 11 for inspiration.

I find I read something then promptly forget it BUT remember reading it about 3 months later when I pick up the magazine again!  I hate getting old!

Regards, Peter.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Only Me on June 22, 2013, 09:27:39 PM
Peter, can I suggest you pm ENGAGE. He has written some very detailed writeups.  He will help you out.

Paul
Paul.

Thankyou I will try and find him.

regards, Peter.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations