HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT THIS GUY DOES WITH WEATHERING?

Started by Newportnobby, June 07, 2011, 11:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Maybe this has been posted in the wrong place, but I came across this site for weathering - applicable for all rolling stock
www.the-art-of-making-dirty.co.uk
You want scruffy? You got scruffy!

It looks like he does great work.  May have to have him do a few loco's for me.

Pete Mc

As I'm taking a short break from fitting dcc sound to my fleet,due to cost,redoing my layout with a much improved(less is more)trackplan,I have started doing some weathering with Modelmates weathering liquids.As a start,I am quite pleased with the results.I have combined using these weathering liquids with Tamiya weathering powders and acrylic paints by way of dry brushing.Unfortunately I am unable to replicate the soot and frame dirt application that is done with only an airbrush.

At this moment in time,I have no plans to buy an airbrush or the equipment needed to set up so dry brushing,using powders and the Modelmates stuff wiped off with kitchen roll or cotton buds is the only options I have.

I have no qualms with taking a paintbrush to my models and as the stuff I use is water soluable,it can be wiped away leaving an almost clean bodyshell.

So thanks Mick for the link,I have had a good look at the site and will,in due course,download a load of the relevant pics of loco's to give me an idea of what I need to do in order to achieve something pleasing to me.I must say,I really like the faded paint effects that he has done on a couple of the blue loco's.This I have to try myself.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations