New Dapol Hall Class Locos

Started by DWS, May 19, 2014, 09:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Ran my new Priory Hall in yesterday on my test track (oval from a Bachmann train set), nice slow running and runs quiet but had a problem with the front bogie coming off but in a clockwise direction only.  Looking closely at it, the leading inside pony wheel lifts alarmingly off of the track, checked back to backs and they were a little tight so reset them with a gauge but no difference, any suggestions anyone?
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Karhedron

Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

DWS

That's annoying, Rails only checked mine on their straight test track so I need to set up an oval test track of my own to test my Lanelay Hall on some curves.

Fingers crossed...
Midsomer Magna - A fictional station in the West Country.

DWS

Well my new Lanelay Hall runs around my test track OK and it ran around the Setrack ST-12 No.1 minimum curves just fine (the only curves I have at the moment).  I had the odd derailment every now and again but I guess that was down to the track temporaraly laid loosely on the dinning room table and not sitting quite flat on the curves.  I won't be using Setrack curves on the planned layout so looking good.

Caz

Great news DWS, looks as though you've got a real good'un.    :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

DWS

Oiling the Loco gears was a bit confusing, the leaflet shows where to oil them nicely but on turning the loco over I couldn't see any gears, lots of head scratching...   

Then I discovered that you have to remove a cover to expose the gears   :doh:  This is not mentioned in the leaflet!  Still, job done.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations