Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Kipper on May 05, 2012, 08:34:27 PM
Chelsea 2 Liverpool 1 - oh happy day! The referee played a blinder!

Who was the referee playing for...... ;)

Sprintex

Knowing nothing about football, other than it's 22 overpaid jessies chasing a bag of air around, I go on what I overhear - the referee usually plays for a team called Manchester United apparently  ;)

Paul

Mustermark

Quote from: Sprintex on May 06, 2012, 02:10:04 PM
Knowing nothing about football, other than it's 22 overpaid jessies chasing a bag of air around, I go on what I overhear - the referee usually plays for a team called Manchester United apparently  ;)
Paul

:smiley-laughing:

I think you have soccer summarized pretty well.  All that is missing is a description of the offside rule and you'd have it all. ;D

If you listen to a Man U fan, the ref is never playing for them.  Personally i think he usually plays for the home team.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

EtchedPixels

Football is 22 people running around a field pretending it hurts.

Rugby Union is 30 people running around a field pretending it doesn't.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Mustermark

Quote from: EtchedPixels on May 06, 2012, 06:48:01 PM

:smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

4x2

spot on !!!  :smiley-laughing:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Sprintex on May 06, 2012, 02:10:04 PM

Paul

;D ;D :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

Kipper

But if you are a rugby referee, you are more likely to get your leg broken by a hoard of heavy rugby players falling over you (as happened yesterday).

With regard to the Chelsea victory (yesss), the referee was not on our side, after all, as the various camera angles showed the ball did not fully cross the line. The match officials actually got it right.

4x2

'all of the ball over all of the line' - harsh, but the ref and linesman were spot on.

I'm not a big footie fan, but i was cheering on liverpool - they were really good in the second half... oh well, can't win em all !  :smiley-laughing:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Pengi

A strange event happened in the heavens today - the sky turned from grey to blue and a strange glowing yellow orb appeared . . .
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

OwL

Quote from: Pendy on May 08, 2012, 05:59:46 PM
A strange event happened in the heavens today - the sky turned from grey to blue and a strange glowing yellow orb appeared . . .

:o :o :o :smiley-laughing:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

tgv_obsessed

Quote from: OwL729 on May 08, 2012, 06:04:00 PM

:o :o :o :smiley-laughing:

for a moment I imagined the great wormery in the sky
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

Newportnobby

Hmmm - had the wrong sort of mushrooms for breakfast today?? :evil:

Pengi

Quote from: newportnobby on May 08, 2012, 06:36:52 PM

Hmmm - had the wrong sort of mushrooms for breakfast today?? :evil:

You are right, it must be the mushrooms because the sky is always grey :smiley-laughing:

The great wormery in the sky - what a wonderful thought
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Newportnobby

It's either that or our very own OldRailBug has been at the Uranium again :evil:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations