Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x2

Now that is what i like to hear - Loved ones back from a nasty conflict without a scratch, just hope that the rest of our boys and girls do the same...

That is most awesome news Neal, i can only imagine the relief you must be be feeling right now !  :thumbsup:

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Lawrence

Happy days Neal, enjoy your Bratty & wobbly when you get out there :thumbsup:

jonclox

Just got a (legal) copy of 'Whats New Pussycat' from Amazon...........
I think I shall watch and laugh my way through it this afternoon  :wave:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MinZaPint

Forum shirt arrived today so will be properly dressed (for a change!)  for the Bournemouth show will still be wearing my poachers jacket (big internal pockets) to hide the goodies I'm hoping to buy before HID spots me!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Lawrence

I hope that is an  :NGaugeForum: shirt you have there young man  ;)

Caz

I've been wanting a Fleischmann turntable for quite a while but couldn't justify the cost.   I've just picked one up on Ebay for £67 - who's a happy bunny.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

Quote from: MinZaPint on April 12, 2012, 04:53:34 PM
Forum shirt arrived today so will be properly dressed (for a change!)  for the Bournemouth show will still be wearing my poachers jacket (big internal pockets) to hide the goodies I'm hoping to buy before HID spots me!

At least you won't need a rucksack and therefore get castigated by other members who may be there ;D

EtchedPixels

Maybe we need forum branded rucsacs ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

MinZaPint

Never mind the rucksacks it's my elbows you need to watch out for!

Newportnobby

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 13, 2012, 05:57:27 PM
Maybe we need forum branded rucsacs ?

I can just see other forums full of complaints about the NGF - probably best if we're incognito :evil:

Trainfish

Quote from: newportnobbyI can just see other forums full of complaints about the NGF - probably best if we're incognito :evil:

Surely that has to be Ncognito  :smiley-laughing:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

MinZaPint

Quote from: Lawrence on April 12, 2012, 07:07:33 PM
I hope that is an  :NGaugeForum: shirt you have there young man  ;)

Just for you Lawrence

Looking at a lovely N gauge layout, What more do you want from me!  :wave:

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Calnefoxile on April 11, 2012, 08:36:37 PM
Am going to shout this as loud as I can

NO 1 DAUGHTER AND HUBBY ARE HOME SAFE AND SOUND FROM AFGHANISTAN  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well they're having some downtime in Cyprus at the moment, and me, SWMBO & No2 Daughter are off to Germany to see them at the weekend  and attend their medal parade ;D ;D

Regards

Neal.

Been back in good old Blighty for a couple of days now after a rather tiring 5 day, whistle-stop, trip to Munster. Medal parade was great (boy do we do Pomp and Ceremony better than anyone else), http://www.bfbs.com/news/germany/1-med-regt-honoured-munster-56525.html before you press play, my little girl is the 2nd Soldier in on the right  ;D ;D

Being presented with her Campaign Medal.

After the parade, a fully laid on lunch + bar. All provided by the Regiment, only downside to it was the Commendations. Out of 30 or so commendations dished out, I think there were only about 10 given to Other Ranks and they were all CO's Commendations. All the others were ISAF Staff Officers Commendations given to Senior NCO's and Officers for just doing their flaming jobs  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Oh there was 1 Commander ISAF Commendation given to a LCPL for calmly and professionally taking command of an Incident with multiple Casualties after an IED blast, apparantly he couldn't get to the casualties, as there wasn't a clear lane, so he shouted instructions to the Company Medics, who were on scene, until he could get to the injured and deal with them, and also carry on commanding the incident until the MERT arrived, including telling some Junior Infantry Officers what to do, We all liked that bit  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anyway, this is the result of that trip, a room full of MFO boxes, fortunately not tri-walls, otherwise we wouldn't have got them in the van!!!

By the way, on another posting of mine in this Happy Thread, my new Print head turned up from Lexmark yesterday, fitted last night and I can now print in Colour again, Result!!!!

They say things go in 3's, so guess who's doing the Lottery this weekend  ;) ;)

Regards

Neal.

Lawrence

Great stuff Neal, presumably she got her good looks from her Mum  ;)

Newportnobby

Tremendous news, Neal. Thanks for the full report and the posted link.
Wrap them up in love, mate :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations