Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookiescrumble

All the best Kipper, keep us posted  :thumbsup:

Mustermark

My wife is feeling under the weather today (not my source of glee)... And this means we are not going to the gym this morning. Yay!

Apart from a quick grocery shop and some hoovering, i should get plenty of modelling time.  I might have to serve Lemsip occasionally but i can see more station getting done today. :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Flakmunky

Two bits of good, happy news in the Munky house:

1) I'm going to be a dad... After 5 years of trying, we'd resigned ourselves to never having kids despite making it to the very top of the IVF waiting list. Without going in to details we were waiting to start the course of injections but found out we were pregnant via natural methods! Had the 12 week scan last week and all looks good!

2) My wife has agreed to letting me have the small bedroom as a train room!

Lawrence

Congratulations on both counts  :thumbsup:

longbridge

Quote from: Flakmunky on January 29, 2012, 08:19:18 AM
Two bits of good, happy news in the Munky house:

2) My wife has agreed to letting me have the small bedroom as a train room!

Congratulations to you and your Wife you must be thrilled :thumbsup:

Enjoy the small bedroom while you can because if another little patter of feet arrive you may be doomed ;D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Jack

Congratulations - Beers all round then is it? :beers: Enjoy the experience Flakmunky, its a good one.

QuoteMy wife has agreed to letting me have the small bedroom as a train room

Why do I think that's going to cost you in the long run!! :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Jack
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Irish Padre

Great news - that's wonderful!!

Flakmunky

Wow! Thanks, guys!

Some big changes coming...

Newportnobby

Congratulations on both counts, FM. :beers:
I hope your pockets are deep 'cos there's some big expense coming (I'm talking of the railway room of course :evil:) It will need filling with all manner of stuff.

Mustermark

Congratulations FM. That's great news. Really chuffed for you. :beers:

You can have the room for modelling but you'll never get the time or energy to do any! :smiley-laughing:

And will you have to get a sensible car with four doors?

Seriously though, that's fantastic, and great timing too as I understand all the IVF stuff is stressful and no fun at all.  I think we are resigned to not having babies ourselves, so i can guess how much this means to you both. :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

Congrats

Now there are two things you need to do

- take a photo of the top of your head, because you won't have any hair left in a few years ;)

- remember carefully what a Sunday lie in is like because you won't have any of those for 16 years either 8)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Flakmunky

Thanks for the warm words, fellas...

I was told by a good boss some years ago that before any kids come along I should buy a dog. That way, when the kids do come, I won't be the least important member of the household... :)

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Flakmunky on January 29, 2012, 04:42:44 PM

I was told by a good boss some years ago that before any kids come along I should buy a dog. That way, when the kids do come, I won't be the least important member of the household... :)
Sorry but in this house the dogs seem to think that they are in charge however,....................sorry got to go time for walkies.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Mustermark

Quote from: Flakmunky on January 29, 2012, 04:42:44 PM

No, just get used to it...  the dog would just be more for you to have to wait on!

longbridge

Became a Great Grandpa for the second time on the weekend, a baby boy 8lb 10oz and as pretty as a picture.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations