Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

should one have creases, knife edge, on combat trousers, or just blouse them with bands, rubber, posties for the use, and dropping, of over ones boots ?

stevewalker

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 09, 2021, 09:53:11 AM
That's excellent news and I hope your cat is soon feeling better. I'm sure he/she is being loved up a lot at present :)

He's doing fine. He has lost a lot of weight, but we have had heavy rain, which must have been getting in through the hole, so he has been well hydrated.

I took him to the vet's today and they confirmed (via examination and blood test, that along with worming and flea treatments, totalled £177) that his organs are functioning fine, he has a few raised levels due to muscle wastage, but is basically fine. The vet was amazed how good he looked (even his fur is fine, clean and tidy), after 3 weeks with no food.

He is spending much of his time moving between us all and sleeping on us.

railsquid

More of a "Relieved Thread" entry, but at the weekend I acquired a new Android smartphone and was most grumpfied to discover the three basic control buttons which inhabited the bottom of the screen were gone and replaced by stabby-swipy gesture flail, anyway I was ungrumpified to discover they can be re-enabled if you swipe-flail deep enough in the settings.

emjaybee

I'm just staggered that anyone who lives in Japan can be a technophobe, leaving aside the fact that Squidy is a mod.

;D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

railsquid

Quote from: emjaybee on November 10, 2021, 04:52:52 PM
I'm just staggered that anyone who lives in Japan can be a technophobe, leaving aside the fact that Squidy is a mod.

Hah, I finance my N gauge expenditure by sitting in front of the computer doing Highly Technical Stuff, last thing I want to do in my free time is spend time which could be used on more fun things like N gauge is faffing around with technology because some "user interface" designer had a trendy idea ("oh a clearly placed back button is so 2010, let's make the user guess where to swipeflail to get the same functionality").  :censored: But that's OT for this thread :D. Just call me a technogrump.

Bealman

That's why I'm dreading getting a new phone
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Well the good news is, I just found that I can "turn the torch on/off with two karate chop motions", which sounds like I need to hit the screen with the side of my hand, but it interpreted that as a three-finger touch and tried to take a screenshot, so I imagined I was about to be attacked by Bruce Lee and held the phone in my hand while making the karate chop motions and screaming loudly in Oriental, which did the trick, and got rid of Bruce Lee, no sorry I mean it turned the torch on, and I didn't actually scream and the "karate chop" was more of a firm shake.

emjaybee

Quote from: railsquid on November 11, 2021, 11:34:24 AM
Well the good news is, I just found that I can "turn the torch on/off with two karate chop motions", which sounds like I need to hit the screen with the side of my hand, but it interpreted that as a three-finger touch and tried to take a screenshot, so I imagined I was about to be attacked by Bruce Lee and held the phone in my hand while making the karate chop motions and screaming loudly in Oriental, which did the trick, and got rid of Bruce Lee, no sorry I mean it turned the torch on, and I didn't actually scream and the "karate chop" was more of a firm shake.

What the hell kinda phone did you buy!

:goggleeyes:
Brookline build thread:

railsquid

Quote from: emjaybee on November 11, 2021, 11:54:25 AM

A Brandname Number Technosuffix, why do they never put these pertinent details like on the actual phone itself, tap tap swipe flail OK it's a Motorola 20 Edge.

I am not kidding about the karate chop by the way:

emjaybee

Quote from: railsquid on November 11, 2021, 12:02:53 PM

A Brandname Number Technosuffix, why do they never put these pertinent details like on the actual phone itself, tap tap swipe flail OK it's a Motorola 20 Edge.

Why have you included a screenshot of game instructions for Call of Duty?

Seriously thanking my lucky stars I got a Samsung S20. Much more straightforward.

Cripes.
Brookline build thread:

railsquid

Quote from: emjaybee on November 11, 2021, 12:07:22 PM
Quote from: railsquid on November 11, 2021, 12:02:53 PM

Why have you included a screenshot of game instructions for Call of Duty?

Seriously thanking my lucky stars I got a Samsung S20. Much more straightforward.

Cripes.

It's a stock Android system, the only reason why I went near that menu is to get the standard buttons back so it works more-or-less just like the old phone. I was just curious as to what a "karate chop motion" was in this context, should I ever be unexpectedly caught short of light and out of reach of a normal torch with an old-style "on/off switch". Now to work out what the "light sabre gesture" does... :angel:

TrevL

I'm a fan of Motorolas myself, on my second. This one is a G9 Power. If I switch it off at night, and only use the bluetooth when it's actually needed, I only have to charge it once every 10 to 13 days.  The karate chop light on is very useful as you don't have to unlock the phone to use it.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

As there's a '3 Finger Screenshot', presumably you can turn it off with 2 fingers (a la English bowmen at Agincourt)?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations