Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil chris

I bet he is still funny, he is the only one of the greats still living all the others have passed away I can not believe how many this year alone.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Malc

He's great entertainment, never blue and always funny. @paulprice be prepared for a long evening. He is legendary for paying the theatre staff himself for the overtime when he goes on past midnight.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bob Tidbury

Change of subject but still in Happy Thread .
I'm very happy to post on here that Val has managed to servive 34 years of me and my layout ,I'm told she deserves a gold medal .
Not planning anything special in fact she has got me helping with the house work . I KNOW MY PLACE it's under her thumb but I love her lots ,and couldn't manage without her ,she is THE best.
Bob

Malc

Still time to treat her to a nice meal out Bob. Just passed 34 years myself. The secret is never go to bed with an argument in the air. I put my good health down to living in the garden for most of those 34 years.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on August 13, 2016, 12:44:45 PM
I put my good health down to living in the garden for most of those 34 years.

:laughabovepost:
Is that by choice, Malc? :P

Newportnobby

'Happy' doesn't cut it as I'm over the moon at present.
I've had a letter from the DVLA this morning stating they will have my driving licence back to me with the next 10-14 days :claphappy: :claphappy: :laugh3: :laugh3: :bounce: :bounce:

I'll have my independence back. TINGS here I come, and all sorts of other model railway shows will once again be inflicted with Nobby.

You have been warned ;)

Bob Tidbury

That's really good news Mick ,look forward to seeing you again ,which day do you think you will be going to TINGS ?,though I will be there Saturday and Sunday on the BHE stand as usual , I won't be looking around much as I can't afford anything at the moment .
Bob

Caz

Brilliant news Mick, just don't overdo it though with all your new found freedom.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

mr bachmann

nice when a artist gains fame --- best stick to water colours  :D

GeeBee

Great news Mick enjoy I know what I was like and I was only stopped for a week get to it mate

Newportnobby

Licence is back so guess who's taken the car for a drive and to get all the cobwebs/bird  :poop: cleaned off it. Think they thought I was a bit nutty at the car wash as it was peeing down at the time :laugh3:

REGP

Good news about the license Mick, give the car a good outing now it's all "clean".

Ray

MinZaPint

Quote from: newportnobby on August 19, 2016, 12:43:21 PM
Licence is back so guess who's taken the car for a drive and to get all the cobwebs/bird  :poop: cleaned off it. Think they thought I was a bit nutty at the car wash as it was peeing down at the time :laugh3:

They obviously don't visit the forum  :D congratulations on the licence, cheers  David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Keith Bingham

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2011, 07:05:26 PM
Well I've just done some ballasting and I'm letting it dry.  Hopefully I can finally use my first DCC train once it's dry. :o :D

Ah, ballasting. That takes me back to when I first ballasted my small n-gauge layout. Very satisfying.
That was 15 years ago and it still looks good. I recently took delivery of a Dapol 9f, weathered. Lovely job. And I've placed a small figure of a guy in blue overalls in the cab, leaning out of the window.
That's me! Because earlier this year I got to ride on the footplate of the real live 9f on the Watercress Line. It was a birthday present from my wife and daughter. 90 minutes I spent up there, in the dust and heat, going up and down the line. I was like a small boy being taken to see Father Christmas for the first time - excited and terrified all at once. So now that's me in the cab on my layout, which although small provides me with a lot of fun. Cheers, Keith.

Newportnobby

Wow! I am sooo envious of that, Keith, having been on a footplate of a 9F but not while it was in steam :(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations