Bickleigh

Started by Ditape, May 03, 2023, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

I am considering building a new layout loosely based om Cadeleigh and Bickleigh on the exe  valley line north of Exeter,
It is to be a light weight portable layout Made up of 4 sections giving a total size  6ft6 X 3ft3

Diane Tape

geofff

Ditape

Basically transition/early diesel sort of pre 70's/80's but rule one applies  so Basically if I like it I will run it. :)
Diane Tape

Ditape

Just a quick update, I have ordered the materials for the Baseboards from my local B&Q everything will be ready for collection tomorrow afternoon. :)
Diane Tape

F2Andy

If it was me, I would slight reduce the sidings (as opposed to loops) in the fiddle yard, and angle them down, allowing you to move the backscene and increase the scenic areas. Moving the tunnels mouths away from the station, and the backscene further still, even having it just across the back, will further enlarge the scenic area, and making it feel much less cramped.

Bob G

It just looks a bit too symmetrical about the centre line. The prototype Bickleigh station is presumably in a river valley, close to the river itself, and didn't have tunnels at each end, so replacing one or more with  road bridges, and modelling the inter-relationship twixt road, rail and river would look better IMHO.

Ditape

There is not much room available for it to be anything  than a little symmetrical the scenic breaks are yet to be confirmed but a road bridge is already under concideration for one end and disappearing into wooded area for the other
Diane Tape

Ditape

Today I got to go to the club and build the baseboards for Bickleigh.

Diane Tape

Ditape

A little more progress on  Bickleigh.

Diane Tape

cornish yorkie

:hellosign: :greatpicturessign:
    Excellent progress Di,   :thumbsup:
     stay safe regards Derek
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Ditape

A little more progress today, all the track for the fiddle yard has been fixed in place and all power and point feeds fitted.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Another day spent at the club working on Bickleigh.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Bickleigh is progressing nicely :)

Diane Tape

Ditape

Bickleigh is progressing nicely, the scenic boards are nearing completion,

Diane Tape

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23