Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

That is an angle I am thinking about - maybe use a bit of chalk  :hmmm:. I will sleep on it Martin.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

steve836

Rooves are not always the same. 12 in  to the ft scale builders often have the same problem, how about doing the nextbit in the new shade and adding one or two slates on the bit already done in the new shade.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

dannyboy

An interesting thought - 'mix and match'.  :hmmm: :)
David.

daffy

I've had similar (non rail modelling) issues with colour matching after cartridge changes, so my sympathies are with you David.

If you are going to sleep on it, I suppose it could be said that you will be having a night on the tiles. ;)

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

David.

RailGooner

Gordon

Sounds like the time is coming - brace yourselves for the cancellation of model railway shows :-(
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Newportnobby

With the closure of our 'Heartbeat' gym classes until further notice I resolved to keep doing some form of exercise so, as the weather seemed to be drying/warming up slightly. the decision was made to get my pushbike prepared for use. All I did was bend down to remove a valve cap and 'Ping' went something in my back and I'm now hobbling around using a walking stick :doh: The pain is so bad at times I feel physically sick. Being abed is great as it takes all weight off my spine but as soon as I'm sat or stood, boy does it hurt. I will not just lie abed, though :no:

As Alannis Morisette would sing 'isn't it ironic' :laugh:

dannyboy

Backs are delicate things. Take care Mick.
David.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on March 21, 2020, 11:39:23 AM
Backs are delicate things. Take care Mick.

Thanks, David, but I'm a 'frequent flyer' with this sort of thing so am pretty used to it.
I can just sneeze and trap a nerve in my back so am normally very careful.

Delboy

Sorry to hear about you back, Mick. Normally Ibuprofen would be the ticket but in general we re being advised to limit its use atm due to the coronavirus.
Hope you recover soon. You never know, it may disappear as quickly as it started. Wish the pandemic would then we can all get back to normal asap.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

crewearpley40

Take it easy mick. Let us know what we can do to help. Railway modelling is a therapeutic thing takes my mind off life and you know we all appreciate you

daffy

Commiserations Mick. I have a long history of putting my back out so I know just how you feel. Rest up, take the potions that please you (aspirin* or alcohol? :hmmm:). And maybe try to do some spine stretching exercises while lying on your back on the floor - if you can get down there (and up again!) of course.

* Okay, so perhaps ibuprofen is better, but I liked the alliteration.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

emjaybee

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, exercise is bad for your health.

Why does no-one listen? Look at joggers, they always look like they're about to keel over.

Look after yourself Mick. I put my back out once try to put a sock on! It's not a nice affliction.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

know the feeling Mick,
I was pensioned off from the AA for a back injury, many many years ago, and you get used to living with the pain.

I try to keep off pain killers, as they tend, in my experience, to mask the pain, so you don't know if you are doing too much.

most mornings I get out of bed in agony, but once I've got dressed, had a cup of coffee, and walked the dog, it's usually much better.

so my advice is

get a husky  :)

after his/her walk your back will be much better  :thumbsup:

mind you, your feet, ankles, knees, thighs and hips will be killing you instead  :'(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations