N Gauge Forum 20t Mineral Wagon - Ideas!

Started by Tank, June 10, 2021, 03:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Hello,

I'm sorry it's taken this long to get this off the ground again.  Very busy time at home at the moment.

So, for the 10th NGF Anniversary I'm going to commission the Dapol 20t Mineral wagon in a specific livery.  Now, I was initially thinking of plastering the NGF on the side, however, I know members had thought of other ideas.

Please, can I have your ideas, whether it's to have the NGF logo, just NGF in white, something else like a name?, the colour of the wagon?  I'm stumped!  I guess a good starting point would be having the running number as 10.   :hmmm:

I'll hold a poll with the more popular ideas and we can go from there.  :)

Thanks,
Tank.

ohlavache

Instead of writing NGF or placing the NGF logo, it may be funnier to invent a fictive company related to the name of our forum. For instance: N. Gafo.
The location of this company could be Webshire.
Of course the road number would be #10.

emjaybee

"Messrs Grumpi & Auld"
Purveyors of finest Corn
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

exmouthcraig

We should have a

MODA Warwell wagon with a Tank load on it, in existence from 1942 so "most" layouts could run 1,

The MOD part of MODA can refer to the hard work the mods put into our forum and the Tank load for obvious reasons

Newportnobby

Maybe more folks would be interested/buy more than one if it was kept simple and just had the running number 'NGF10', something simple Robbie might do for us :hmmm:

Yet_Another

Just have something like this with NGF 10 in the panel (this image was just the first one that Google found for me).
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

zwilnik

Newport Grate Fuel
Coal Merchants

Napier Gradle & Foster 
Finest Coal

etc.

I'd like one that stands out from the 'normal' wagons rather than a subtle wagon number or something.

emjaybee

Quote from: zwilnik on June 10, 2021, 11:23:47 PM
Newport Grate Fuel
Coal Merchants

Napier Gradle & Foster 
Finest Coal

etc.

I'd like one that stands out from the 'normal' wagons rather than a subtle wagon number or something.

If you'll forgive my alterations to your post...

...maybe like this?
Brookline build thread:

zwilnik

emjaybee

Quote from: zwilnik on June 10, 2021, 11:51:17 PM
Good point @emjaybee

What about this one @Tank ? :)

Yeeeaaaaah, nooooooo.

Aquafresh isn't my cup of tea. To darn bright.
Brookline build thread:

Trainfish

This is in recognition of Chris @Tank 's efforts on the forum so it could end up as either toothpaste or De Walt colours  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Tank

Thanks for all of your input so far.

@exmouthcraig Love the tank and MOD idea.  :D  Sadly, too expensive.

@zwilnik I love this as well!   ;D  I imagine a lot won't like it for their layouts, but it could be a second option (as the idea is growing on me)!   :smiley-laughing:

Quote from: Trainfish on June 11, 2021, 01:09:02 AM
This is in recognition of Chris @Tank 's efforts on the forum so it could end up as either toothpaste or De Walt colours  :goggleeyes:

I'll try not to add a heavy influence on anything! ;D  But I am trying to make it work for as many people as possible, so all ideas are good ideas.  I think?!   ;D

Quote from: Yet_Another on June 10, 2021, 10:36:28 PM

Just have something like this with NGF 10 in the panel (this image was just the first one that Google found for me).

That's a good idea.  I do want something large on the sides, but this would be a good idea as an addition.

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 10, 2021, 09:23:50 PM
Maybe more folks would be interested/buy more than one if it was kept simple and just had the running number 'NGF10', something simple Robbie might do for us :hmmm:

I already have someone lined up for these.  They're just waiting on me to send a draft of the idea that we come up with. :thumbsup:

ohlavache

Quote from: zwilnik on June 10, 2021, 11:51:17 PM
Good point @emjaybee

What about this one @Tank ? :)

This is the kind of thing I also have in mind, but with different colours. Darker.
A reference to the South East region is a very good idea.
Is there any usual livery for this kind of wagon running in the South East?

chrism

Quote from: ohlavache on June 11, 2021, 10:11:27 AM
This is the kind of thing I also have in mind, but with different colours. Darker.

What about the North West - and the South West, North East, Midlands, Wales and Scotland?

ohlavache

Quote from: chrism on June 11, 2021, 10:15:17 AM
Quote from: ohlavache on June 11, 2021, 10:11:27 AM

What about the North West - and the South West, North East, Midlands, Wales and Scotland?

As mentioned in a previous message, the South East region was suggested to thank Tank for his huge work on this forum.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations