photos of maroon Ivatt

Started by east anglian, July 28, 2020, 08:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

east anglian

For   some   reason   the   photo   has   appeared   in   the   Gallery,   

Newportnobby

If you can see it in a gallery then click on the photo and it will open up a larger version. Under that larger version you will see a BB code. You need to copy that code and paste it in your post about the Ivatt. Best to have 2 tabs open for the forum as it tends to make things easier.

east anglian

I   don't   know   how   the   picture   ended   where   it   is,   there   has   got   to   be   an   easyer   way    for   people   like   me  to   post   pics,    never   ever    have   this   problem   with   E  Mails   its    just   make   your   comments   click   on   browse   select   pic   and    hey   presto   it    goes

ntpntpntp

What problems are you actually having?

I've always used the website for posting, and I've always used "Add image to post and upload to gallery" and it works every time. I chose to upload the photo to my gallery and it adds the linking BB code to the text of the post automatically.  None of the mucking about some people do with opening a second browser window to upload and find the image in your gallery and copying the BB code across to your post.

I find it really simple and reliable, my only criticism (which I'll have mentioned before elsewhere) is it seems a bit "non-standard" compared to other forum sites, in general I think people are used to the "Attachments" options being used to add photos to posts.

I do use the My Gallery and My Images functions from a separate browser window if I want to find an image already in my gallery and add it to another post, for example I seem to re-use that above  image a lot as so many people seem to struggle with adding images on this forum!

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

east anglian

Another   pics   ended  up   in   the   gallery,     in   head   my   doing   its   

ntpntpntp

I don't see the problem though?  The picture's got to go somewhere.  If I'm not adding it to my personal gallery I add it to Random Photos.

Where do you want the photo to go?
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

east anglian

Hi    I    would   like   them   to   go   to   my   work   bench,   I   have   posted   pics   on   before    but   never   have   had   this   problem,  as   you    are   now   aware   my    computer    skill   leaves   a   lot   to   be   desired,   

ntpntpntp

If by "my work bench" you mean My Gallery, then you can do that using "Add image to post and upload to gallery" as I've already suggested.

After clicking that link a pop-up should appear.  Make sure you fill in the fields on the "User Gallery" lower half of the pop-up and use the lower "Add Picture" button. Make sure you choose "My Gallery" for the gallery to add the photo (or if you've created sub-folders in your gallery you'll get the option to choose one of those from the list). 

It's what I'm using right now to add this screenshot of the pop-up

If you say you used to add pictures by some other method (replying to emails?) then I can't advise on that is I've only ever done it this way.

Tank

Thanks for doing the photo's Nick.

If you mean "In my workbench", as in your thread, you need to be in your thread, then start writing a post and hit the 'Add image to post and upload to gallery' button that Nick has shown above.

Bob G

I think the maroon Ivatt will have gone through the works and got repainted by the time the photo gets posted :)

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Bob G on July 28, 2020, 06:54:11 PM
I think the maroon Ivatt will have gone through the works and got repainted by the time the photo gets posted :)

Oh the loco is in the gallery (twice).  Very nice lining  :-)

east anglian

Thank   you   ntpntpntp   I   am   lead   to   believe   that  the   real   locomotive   is   at   this   moment  being  restored   to   run  again  in  the   future,   hope   its   not    in   BLACK

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations