Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Graham

that really sucks. hope they turn up soon.

jpendle

So, Kernow put an incomplete and incorrect address on the shipping label for my CL158's.

I spoke to the USPS yesterday and they confirmed that the Zip Code was wrong but the street address was correct. I then received a call from our local Post Office manager who said that she'd put a flag on the shipment and that "hopefully" someone would take it off the conveyor and re-address it, but that might not happen cos it's all automated >:(
She also explained that the address used had an incorrect zip code, someone at Kernow used my phone number instead of my zip resulting in it all being sent to Estacada Oregon, zip code 97022.
I spoke to Kernow this morning and the guy in the shop confirmed that the address was indeed wrong  :doh:
I've emailed their warehouse manager asking for them to explain how this happened and what they'll be doing to stop it happening again.

So current odds are evens on

I get it eventually  :hmmm:
Kernow get it back eventually  >:(
It sits in limbo for ever  :veryangry:

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

jpendle

I got a reply from Kernow saying sorry.

Address labels are created by hand so there's always a possibility of a mistake.

The warehouse manager says that the person who created the label has been "spoken to"

Now it's just a matter of hurry up and wait, to see if I get the models or, once enough time has elapsed, get replacements shipped or a refund from Kernow.

On a lighter note the Cornish gentleman on the phone was able to spell my surname without any 'Echo' Tango' 'Bravo' prompting, not something that the average american can do.

It's Pendlebury  :D

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Graham

at least you know what happened now. Doesn't help get them to you any quicker.

Trainfish

Speeding tickets. Ok so I hold my hands up and admit I was doing 36 in a 30 on a road which could easily be mistaken for a 50 limit but I'm not bitter, of course not. What I am unhappy about though is the underhanded way our company's fleet management firm went about things. On a Monday morning they send me an email saying they need to check my licence and need a check code which only I can supply. I send them that thinking that they haven't asked for this for 2.5 years when they should request it once a year so fair enough. Then Tuesday afternoon my company contacts me to say the fleet management company have sent them a copy of a speeding ticket and charged them £15 for the privilege of doing the admin and I have to pay the £15! So it seems I'll be fined by Devon & Cornwall police and also fined by the fleet management company  :veryangry:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

On 5th March, I called Virgin Media to advise them that Vodafone would be taking over my phone number on 22nd March and I was also giving my 30 day notice of ending my Virgin Internet. On 22nd, my phone number duly moved over. It says in the blurb that it should be up and running by midnight - I could make calls, but not receive them for 3 more days, as "they have to give OpenReach time to make checks" - then they should have put that in their literature!

Anyway, all has been well, since then, except that Virgin took another month's payment on 2nd April.

My notice period ran to the 5th, so I left it, expecting that they'd refund the difference after the service ended, but no. I called them last week and spent ages explaining what had happened and was told that it would be dealt with and I'd receive a call within 48 hours (extended to 72 hours due to the weekend). No call.

This morning, I received an email advising me that they'd be taking more money at the beginning of May (less as the phone was no longer included). Another lengthy phone call, as the person (with an incomprehensibly thick accent) couldn't grasp the problem and repeatedly put me on hold to go and check previous notes and talk to someone else.

Finally told they'll disconnect today and I'll receive the backdated refund. So far I've had an email confirming disconnection today - fingers crossed that it happens and that the refund happens ... then I'm cancelling the Direct Debit, as I don't trust them not to mess it up and take payment again!

I'd heard that it was difficult to leave Virgin and there'd been a huge number of complaints about it. It's time the regulator forced the companies to make it as easy to leave, as to join - a nice easy, "LEAVE" button on the account, instead of forcing people to go through the retentions team, who waste your time and then mess things up.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations