Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustermark

Bad day at work (angry thread???).

Gin and tonic in my hand, a very cool new album playing on the stereo (listening thread...) and trains trundling round my track.  Happy way to wind down. :thumbsup:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

longbridge

Very happy today, we decided to sell our caravan and go back to camping in a tent, to me tent camping is the only way to go :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Pete Mc

Or sleeping rough as I like to call it.
:smiley-laughing:

Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

EtchedPixels

Life's little mysteries

The barbecue, because after 2000 years working to invent ways to cook *out of the rain* on something better than a bonfire , it's for some reason better to cook outside on a bonfire in the rain and then spend a fortunate turning the outside fire back into a gas cooker with roof

The tent.. because having got as far as caves, houses and hotels its time to go back to sitting outside, then spending a fortune turning a piece of canvas into a small empire with multiple rooms, ensuite toilet and everything but an inflatable sink, connected of course to the even larger 4x4 powering said operation and providing wireless internet.

I get the feeling a lot of people missed the point, especially a festivals where you stroll past 4x4's connected up to mini-mansions that are far superior to much student accommodation we had.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

longbridge

Quote from: EtchedPixels on December 07, 2011, 12:57:34 AM
Life's little mysteries

The barbecue, because after 2000 years working to invent ways to cook *out of the rain* on something better than a bonfire , it's for some reason better to cook outside on a bonfire in the rain and then spend a fortunate turning the outside fire back into a gas cooker with roof

The tent.. because having got as far as caves, houses and hotels its time to go back to sitting outside, then spending a fortune turning a piece of canvas into a small empire with multiple rooms, ensuite toilet and everything but an inflatable sink, connected of course to the even larger 4x4 powering said operation and providing wireless internet.

I get the feeling a lot of people missed the point, especially a festivals where you stroll past 4x4's connected up to mini-mansions that are far superior to much student accommodation we had.

Alan

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:I like that Alan but hey thats life :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

poliss

I was looking at Virgin broadband prices. Noticed that new customers were getting 30mbs and a wireless router for less than I was paying for 10mbs. Phoned them up and got my package changed to the same as the new customers. They are sneaky though. They say £8.50 for the first 3 months, (saving £30.00), but then they charge you £30.00 activation fee!
Still, I'll be paying £3.00 less a month for three times the speed.

So I'm happy that I'll be paying less, but not happy that I had to find it out for myself!  :thumbsdown:

malfoy

childhood memories of no internet.. no phones.. and only cassette players!!

Newportnobby

Quote from: malfoy on December 09, 2011, 10:06:08 AM

Cassette players - luxury! Vinyl is king :thumbsup:

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on December 09, 2011, 12:27:12 PM

I thought it was Elvis that was King  ???  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on December 09, 2011, 12:48:31 PM

Elvis - PAH! Try George Jackson Churchward if we're talking Kings :smiley-laughing:

longbridge

Pretty happy today as I went to the doctors to get the results of my 6 monthly blood tests, everything was OK so i'm not to worried about the pains i've been getting in the guts lately, probably to many mince tarts and nuts  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Lawrence

Quote from: scotsoft on December 09, 2011, 12:48:31 PM

I'm really sorry John, don't really know how to break this to you  :'( :'(

Mustermark

Quote from: oldrailbug on December 09, 2011, 07:52:40 PM
Pretty happy today as I went to the doctors to get the results of my 6 monthly blood tests, everything was OK so i'm not to worried about the pains i've been getting in the guts lately, probably to many mince tarts and nuts  :thumbsup:

Great news Dave.  Must be a relief. :thumbsup:

You'll just have to give up the tarts!  :smiley-laughing:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Mustermark on December 09, 2011, 07:57:24 PM
Quote from: oldrailbug on December 09, 2011, 07:52:40 PM

Great news Dave.  Must be a relief. :thumbsup:

You'll just have to give up the tarts!  :smiley-laughing:

And the tarts will just have to give up their nuts......... ;D ;)

Fifer

Makes me Happy I am not in the angry thread!!!!   :angel: :P :music: :beers:

Mike
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote 'happy'.
They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."
-- John Lennon

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations