Poor Forum Performance

Started by Yet_Another, May 02, 2016, 09:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

Quote from: newportnobby on May 09, 2016, 03:04:11 PM
Forum virtually unuseable since I logged on at 14.40hrs today. Soooooo slow to load pages and I'm getting lots of 500 Error notifications :help:
I tried browsing using two methods at once at lunchtime (12-13:00), and I was getting very slow responses from both. One was traditional work PC 'plugged in', the other was my iPhone on 4G.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

'Tis much better now but still not at it's usual speed.

Marcus Amison

Quote from: Bealman on May 03, 2016, 12:11:00 PM
That looks like orriby oversized, Di  :uneasy:
how could you tell just by looking at the image? ;)

Bealman

;D The locos and stock of OO stuff always looks toylike and plasticcy to my eyes, and the stock on that layout looks, well, toylike and plasticcy  :D

The track is usually a giveaway too, but you can also get some idea of scale by comparing it to the people you can just see behind the layout.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Tank on May 03, 2016, 09:48:06 AM
Sorry for any trouble lately.  The hosting company say that there is/was a website that was causing issues on one of their servers, which was causing issues on here.  Hopefully it's sorted out now.

This is appalling, the website should work out of the box every time. It wasn't like this in the old days!  :bounce:

Hat. Coat...........

GroupC

Extremely slow today for me: 1min 20secs to load this page. Problem's not with me as everything else I usually look at online is fine.

I shall now press "POST" and see how long it takes...

Bealman

We are looking at it, seriously, folks.  :thumbsup:

Yet_Another

Between 22:40 and 22:50 (just now) it's taken me 10 minutes to read one message in one thread, then post here how bad the performance is.

Not complaining, just observing.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Bealman

I'm starting to wonder if it's a time related, high traffic thing.... here in Australia I'm having very few problems, both with speed and uploading pics. Maybe it's because I'm accessing it at quiet times in the UK. Just a thought.

daveg

I'm often on the forum quite early in the morning when it's usually OK although I have noticed a slight slowdown recently.

Dave G

port perran

It's generally fine here in Cornwall first thing in the morning and later in the evening.
On Snday afternoon, for instance, I had to give up as it was so very slow.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Thanks! Could help the fix  :thumbsup:

Bob Tidbury

No problem here just as quick as allways .
Bob

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on May 17, 2016, 12:19:20 AM
I'm starting to wonder if it's a time related, high traffic thing.... here in Australia I'm having very few problems, both with speed and uploading pics. Maybe it's because I'm accessing it at quiet times in the UK. Just a thought.

Don't think so, George, as I use the forum at random times. Mostly when the kids are at school and sometimes in the middle of the night, but problems are still suffered, especially with the Media section which, frankly, is a PITA at present.

Bealman

Interesting. I can't  investigate at the moment, 'cos I'm having a VB not a Fourex at club at moment.

What's a PITA?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations