Could move the Thank button to the bottom of a post

Started by MrDobilina, February 12, 2016, 01:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrDobilina

That way once you have read a reply (some can be very long with pictures etc.) you don't need to scroll alllllllll the way back up to click thank :)

Just a thought, probably not possible

David Asquith

Ditape

Diane Tape

Tank

Great idea, and possible.  However, it means some coding to be done on the forum and I don't have the time right now.  Will bear it in mind though. :thumbsup:

MacRat

Tank

Well I'm glad I didn't post anything in that thread! *phew*  :D  I don't think I saw that thread, as it does make sense. 

Good idea Macrat!!!!! :thumbsup: :smiley-laughing:

ColinH

Quote from: MacRat on February 13, 2016, 05:16:11 AM
wow lads, i suggested this long time ago and got beaten for it.  I was ahead of time.

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9846.msg102034#msg102034

That's the problem with being a pioneer. However, your suggestion was for a second 'thank you' button at the bottom off the post whereas the current request is for the existing button to be moved from the start to the end of the post. Slightly different approach to the same problem and I would like to see MrD's suggestion implemented.
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

MacRat

Quote from: ColinH on February 13, 2016, 12:36:32 PM
That's the problem with being a pioneer. However, your suggestion was for a second 'thank you' button at the bottom off the post whereas the current request is for the existing button to be moved from the start to the end of the post. Slightly different approach to the same problem and I would like to see MrD's suggestion implemented.
Well, I wanted the Tx button at the bottom of the post.

What do I know of the workflow of other people? So, my original suggestion catered for every one and leaving room for discussion. Then, no one seemed to like the idea of a button below the post and the idea did not evolve and died. Removing the top button would have been completely within the solution space, if someone had grasped the huge improvement of the ingenious and in no other place ever done before approach of putting that fine thing below the fine post.
...aaaah, I'm trolling you.   >:D

Thank you to MrD, and I like this idea a lot.  :thumbsup:

MrDobilina

Quote from: MacRat on February 14, 2016, 08:59:40 AM
Thank you to MrD, and I like this idea a lot.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the positive feedback, hope I didn't step on you're toes too much macrat lol >_<

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations