Other Hobbies - sub board?

Started by guest2, December 06, 2013, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

As I've just created two new boards, I was thinking of perhaps creating an 'Other Hobbies' board. 

There is a great thread that has been going for a few years now, but I think that the forum community would benefit from having their own threads, rather than bundled together in one thread, and therefore members can talk about the hobby.

What do members think? 

scotsoft

The Hobbies thread under General Discussion does a job and I feel it should stay that way, there are forums out there for other hobbies.

We are for the n gauge/ scale community and by adding other thread, it is going to look like we are trying to cater for other hobbies.  I don't have a problem with the occasional mention of other hobbies the members have.  I have mentioned my r/c addiction here before but I try to ensure when I do it has a railway/ train connection.

Therefore my vote is no.

Sprintex

Quote from: scotsoft on December 06, 2013, 06:22:17 PM
The Hobbies thread under General Discussion does a job and I feel it should stay that way, there are forums out there for other hobbies.

We are for the n gauge/ scale community and by adding other thread, it is going to look like we are trying to cater for other hobbies.  I don't have a problem with the occasional mention of other hobbies the members have.  I have mentioned my r/c addiction here before but I try to ensure when I do it has a railway/ train connection.

Therefore my vote is no.

What he said :D

Paul

Jack

Quote from: Sprintex on December 06, 2013, 06:39:04 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on December 06, 2013, 06:22:17 PM

Therefore my vote is no.

What he said :D

Paul

What those two above me said.   :thumbsdown:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Pengi

I agree with Scotsoft, Sprintex and Jack  :)
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

MikeDunn

Yeah ...  otherwise why not have a board for every subject under the sun ?

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

daveg

keerout

Lawrence

Tank

:)  No problem, it was just an idea.

B757-236GT

Id go with Tank on this one. I do plenty of other hobbies including plastic kits and its amazing how many tips railway modellers pick up from that. I also do RC flying and boats and again you'll be suprised how many come out of the woodwork. The aviation thread in general discussion has show theres more interested in aviation than i expected.

You can shout splitter if you wish now!

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Lawrence

Quote from: B757-236GT on December 06, 2013, 09:46:37 PM
Id go with Tank on this one. I do plenty of other hobbies including plastic kits and its amazing how many tips railway modellers pick up from that. I also do RC flying and boats and again you'll be suprised how many come out of the woodwork. The aviation thread in general discussion has show theres more interested in aviation than i expected.

You can shout splitter if you wish now!

Richard

Splitter
Well you did ask  :D

Many of us have other hobbies Richard, and we tend to inhabit specific forums for support with those.  I something comes up in conversation on a thread then fair enough, but there is at least one model railway show I don't go to anymore as it decided to 'diversify' and I believe this forum should stick to it's roots.  Just my opinion, feel free to get the machine guns out now  ;)

petercharlesfagg

Friends,
As many are aware I do not have another hobby as such, more another form of earning income which is ALSO a hobby!

I am a member of 5 other forums that are wholly dedicated to my interests, personally I do not need one on my modelling forum as well!

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

OwL

Iam on a couple of non rail related forums that cater for some of my other interests.
Despite the odd mention here (which the general discussion thread does well in helping me express that) I would not introduce seperate hobby topics.

For starts there are too many varied hobbys, potentially meaning that you would have to wade through alot of posts that would not interest most folk on here.

It would also mean more work load for mods!

Keep doing what you do best, N Gauge forum for N Gauge modellers.
The best forum on the net in my opinion.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations